EBuyer's Vodaphone 3G Card Promo .

Old August 2nd 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Stuart

Default EBuyer's Vodaphone 3G Card Promo .

EBuyer have a promotion that gets you a Vodaphone 3G Card when you buy certain
laptops.
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105855/rb/20784813458

There is very little info on the site except to say you call a certain number
and give them your laptop serial number to get the card .The related link is
dead .
http://internal.ebuyer.com/customer/...=520 &_LOC=UK

Turns out that when you call Vodaphone the card is registered to the bank
account of the laptop purchaser and even if the card is given or sold to someone
else the original card owner gets charged for the costs of using the card .

Some deal that is .:-(

Stuart
Old August 2nd 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Gordon Walker

Hi,
Actually the sim card supplied with the card is charged. So simply
keep the sim & sell the card. Okay?

With regards,
Gordon Walker.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Stuart

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:12:25 +0100, "Gordon Walker"
wrote:

Hi,
Actually the sim card supplied with the card is charged. So simply
keep the sim & sell the card. Okay?

With regards,
Gordon Walker.

Thx Gordon ....I hadn't realised it came in 2 parts sim + card ..That's
something the Vodaphone guy didn't make clear ..

Old August 2nd 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Gordon Walker

Thx Gordon ....I hadn't realised it came in 2 parts sim + card ..That's
something the Vodaphone guy didn't make clear ..

Hi Stuart,
No probs! I'm even been told that you can unlock the card
for use on all networks but I'm not that brave!!!

Regards,
Gordon Walker.

Old August 2nd 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Stuart

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:03:39 +0100, "Gordon Walker"
wrote:

Thx Gordon ....I hadn't realised it came in 2 parts sim + card ..That's
something the Vodaphone guy didn't make clear ..

Hi Stuart,
No probs! I'm even been told that you can unlock the card
for use on all networks but I'm not that brave!!!

Regards,
Gordon Walker.

Yeah.I had a look on ebay to see what's on offer .There are different models of
this card tho'

http://computers.search.ebay.co.uk/v...sPageNameZWLRS

Stuart
Old August 2nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Paul Womar

Stuart wrote:

EBuyer have a promotion that gets you a Vodaphone 3G Card when you buy certain
laptops.
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105855/rb/20784813458

There is very little info on the site except to say you call a certain number
and give them your laptop serial number to get the card .The related link is
dead .

LaptopsDirect.co.uk have been running the same thing for about a year or
so, flogged the card I got with mine for about 60 quid.

--
- The email address used in this message *IS* valid -
Old August 3rd 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike Redrobe

Paul Womar wrote:
Stuart wrote:

EBuyer have a promotion that gets you a Vodaphone 3G Card when you
buy certain laptops.
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105855/rb/20784813458

There is very little info on the site except to say you call a
certain number and give them your laptop serial number to get the
card ..

LaptopsDirect.co.uk have been running the same thing for about a year
or so, flogged the card I got with mine for about 60 quid.

It's a vodafone offer, you can ring vodafone up no matter where you
bought the laptop from and they'll send you one out for postage cost of £4

The data cost is about £2.30 per MB, which is very high, so you can
see why they are giving these away....

--
Mike

Old August 3rd 06, 01:24 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Stuart

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:23:27 GMT, "Mike Redrobe" wrote:

Paul Womar wrote:
Stuart wrote:

EBuyer have a promotion that gets you a Vodaphone 3G Card when you
buy certain laptops.
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105855/rb/20784813458

There is very little info on the site except to say you call a
certain number and give them your laptop serial number to get the
card ..

LaptopsDirect.co.uk have been running the same thing for about a year
or so, flogged the card I got with mine for about 60 quid.

It's a vodafone offer, you can ring vodafone up no matter where you
bought the laptop from and they'll send you one out for postage cost of £4

So why are people buying them on Ebay and why are Vodaphone selling them on
their website ( although some of them are free versions ).

Stuart .
Old August 3rd 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
ric

It's a vodafone offer, you can ring vodafone up no matter where you
bought the laptop from and they'll send you one out for postage cost of £4

So why are people buying them on Ebay and why are Vodaphone selling them on
their website ( although some of them are free versions ).

Stuart .

why does any old tat sell on ebay?
poster above is correct, you won't get a card direct from ebuyer -
they'll just give you a form to fill in for voda that requests your
serial number. voda don't check this or anything, so you could just
ring them up with any old serial and probably get one. don't know if
you can buy a 3g data sim for a reasonable rate or not, but the one it
comes with *will* be tied to you as the orderer via a direct debit...

Old August 3rd 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Stuart

On 3 Aug 2006 06:25:07 -0700, "ric" wrote:

It's a vodafone offer, you can ring vodafone up no matter where you
bought the laptop from and they'll send you one out for postage cost of £4

So why are people buying them on Ebay and why are Vodaphone selling them on
their website ( although some of them are free versions ).

Stuart .

why does any old tat sell on ebay?
poster above is correct, you won't get a card direct from ebuyer -
they'll just give you a form to fill in for voda that requests your
serial number. voda don't check this or anything, so you could just
ring them up with any old serial and probably get one. don't know if
you can buy a 3g data sim for a reasonable rate or not, but the one it
comes with *will* be tied to you as the orderer via a direct debit...

Well when I called Vodaphone yesterday( that is what you need to do.not fill in
a card ) they said that Ebuyer had not yet notified them of the sale and they
would not send the card until they had verification of the sale so that seems to
contradict what you are saying .

Someone else has suggested selling the card minus the sim so that would avoid me
incurring any charges which is what my original post was all about .