HP 722C Printer problem - paper pickup

Old March 22nd 06, 03:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default HP 722C Printer problem - paper pickup

I have a HP722C printer, and lately it doesn't seem
to be picking up paper well in the paper rollers. I tried wiping
them to clean, and it seemed to help a little, but still has
the problem.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it pick up the paper
reliably?

Thanks in advance, Carl

Old March 22nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Carl S. Moore wrote:
I have a HP722C printer, and lately it doesn't seem
to be picking up paper well in the paper rollers. I tried wiping
them to clean, and it seemed to help a little, but still has
the problem.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it pick up the paper
reliably?

Thanks in advance, Carl

My 672C did the same thing, as did my 500 before it. The rollers glaze
and harden with age, losing their "grip." For a temporary fix, take a
piece of sandpaper and lightly sand the surface of the roller that
contacts the paper. However, I found that fix to be only temporary, a
few weeks at best. The only "permanent" fix is to replace the rollers -
but by the time you do that you'd be better off to just buy another
printer. Printers are cheap - it's ink that's expensive.

TJ

Old March 22nd 06, 02:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"TJ" wrote in message

My 672C did the same thing, as did my 500 before it. The rollers glaze
and harden with age, losing their "grip." For a temporary fix, take a
piece of sandpaper and lightly sand the surface of the roller that
contacts the paper. However, I found that fix to be only temporary, a
few weeks at best. The only "permanent" fix is to replace the rollers -

THAT IS BULL****. MANY MOONS AGO HP SENT OUT A FREE KIT FOR THIS. IT
WAS SOFTWARE AND AN ABRAISAVE BLOCK THAT YOU RAN PERIODICLY TO TAKE THE
GLAZE OFF THE ROLLERS.

THAT SAID THIS PRINTER IS NOW A PIECE OF OUTDATED ****. SINCE YOU CAN
BUY A NEW ONE FOR THE COST OF REPLACING THE INK CARTS YOU JUST GOTTA BE
AN IDIOT TO KEEP IT.

Old March 22nd 06, 03:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Carl S. Moore" wrote in message
. ..
I have a HP722C printer, and lately it doesn't seem
to be picking up paper well in the paper rollers. I tried wiping
them to clean, and it seemed to help a little, but still has
the problem.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it pick up the paper
reliably?

Thanks in advance, Carl

My first HP printer exhibited this problem way back in 1999 and one would
think HP would have done something about this other than waiting for someone
to complain and then send a kit.
So what's next? You hear loud squeaky noise while the print head passes back
and forth?
mark_