Can't get TV Out working

Old January 21st 14, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim[_38_]

Default Can't get TV Out working

I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i had
dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought it
would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it anywhere.

Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
fine before the format.

Jim

Old January 22nd 14, 12:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 1/21/2014 2:12 PM PT, Jim typed:

On 21/01/2014 18:38, Jim wrote:
I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i
had dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought
it would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it
anywhere.

Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
fine before the format.

Jim

Sorted

What did you do to fix your issue?
--
"Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
Flying Circus
Old January 26th 14, 12:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim[_38_]

On 21/01/2014 18:38, Jim wrote:
I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i
had dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought
it would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it
anywhere.

Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
fine before the format.

Jim

Sorted

What did you do to fix your issue?

I had the desktop to be shown in the "Extend the desktop" option when i
right clicked on selected screen resolution and just clicked "Duplicate
the desktop" and that sorted that issue, but ever since then i have been
stumped by another issue which i will start another thread on in a
minute 3 days this has been bugging me.

Jim

Help to get PC working please Myrrapen General 1 June 11th 06 12:57 AM
USB - Not Working Jake Homebuilt PC's 6 July 26th 05 10:54 PM
is there a way to make a working fully burned cd-rom, not working. davar Cdr 16 April 27th 05 01:15 PM
ati tv wonder ve not working Tom Ati Videocards 2 August 17th 04 07:39 AM
1 Gig P3 on SE6 MB not working Matt Abit Motherboards 3 September 11th 03 05:27 AM