Lubricating HP Deskjet Guide Rail

Old December 16th 07, 08:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Martin[_2_]

Default Lubricating HP Deskjet Guide Rail

I've got 3 different deskjets which were all prelubricated with some white
stuff on the printcartridge track.

On the cheapest machine the lubrication is no longer evident and the printer
although working, now squeaks.

Is the white stuff that HP uses for lubrication available to the general
public at low cost ,or could I try a drop of light machine oil on the track
?

Thanks.

Martin

Old December 17th 07, 04:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob AZ

Is the white stuff that HP uses for lubrication available to the
general
public at low cost ,or could I try a drop of light machine oil on the track
?

Thanks.

Martin

Martin

White lithium grease. Most any hardware or autoparts.

Bob AZ
Old December 20th 07, 06:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Angelo Campanella

Martin wrote:
I've got 3 different deskjets which were all prelubricated with some white
stuff on the printcartridge track.

The white stuff is a diffrent type of lubricant, but a lubricant just
the same. It miht be an emulsion... not sre. But any oil is better thn
nothing.

On the cheapest machine the lubrication is no longer evident and the printer
although working, now squeaks.

A drop of lightweight oil should do.

Is the white stuff that HP uses for lubrication available to the general
public at low cost ,or could I try a drop of light machine oil on the track

Someone here may know it's generic name. I have seen it in many
electromechanical mechanisms over the years. It's prettier, I think.

Angelo Campanella