Compaq Presario SR1511NX Major Problems! PLEASE HELP! Reinstalling and no driverdiscs

Old November 29th 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
marco897

Default Compaq Presario SR1511NX Major Problems! PLEASE HELP! Reinstalling and no driverdiscs

Compaq Presario SR1511NX Major Problems! PLEASE HELP! Reinstalling and
no driverdiscs

Hey everyone I havehad this problem for quite some time now actually..
and the problem is that I have re-installed WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL from
a .iso disc after burned from NERO EXPRESS a while back and I use that
to re-install my windows (which I had obtained from torrentspy). Well
the problem is that I have lost my discs (there gone forever and ever
lol) for this computer and I looked on the HP site for drivers and
utilities and stuff but everything seems useless. Sometimes the usb's at
the back work and sometimes they dont it boggles me.. and what I would
MOST likely to work is the front of it where the camera drives are and
stuff because nothing ever gets detected at the front there not EVEN the
USB PORT (at the front of my computer!) I would really really
appericiate if I can get some help here! Thanks! -marc

imputs [forlike the memory cards and stuff] and the USB port at the
front) are not being detected?

PLEASE HELP THANKS ALOT -marc

Old November 30th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:49:53 -0600, marco897 wrote:

[...]

* * *

Marc,

I believe you can still order the recovery disks for this system...
(XP Home)

Are their any USB updates for your system? You say everything is
useless, what do you mean, please explain.

Looking at HP updates I did not see a USB driver update, but there is the
SIS chipset drivers...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=228&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=472138&lang=en

Did you install that update...

HP did not list XP professional for this system, presume this is your
update, so help is difficult at best...

Run a check at www.pcpitstop.com and see what it says about your system,
they also have a driver update scan trial available by providing an e-
mail address...

I would also scan your system to see if there is a rootkit that may have
been included with your installation disk (ISO)...
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Roo...html?tag=lst-1

Let me know after you perform these suggestions...

JR the postman