Vista 64-bit overclocking

Old September 13th 06, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Leadfoot

Default Vista 64-bit overclocking

Hows everyone doing overclocking vista 64-bit? I'm using Vista 64-bit RC1
5600

I'm running my 3800 X2 @2700 MHZ 1.50vdc Corsair valueram set at 333 which
works out at 225MHZ

What overclocking software works with Vista 64-bit? ntune certainly
doesn't.

Sp2004 seems to work fine for stability testing. I got an hour in today
which isn't enough but I can't stop using my computer for 12 hours just yet

CPU-Z works just fine

Old September 19th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Leadfoot

"Bill" wrote in message
news
Leadfoot wrote:

Hows everyone doing overclocking vista 64-bit? I'm using Vista 64-bit RC1
5600

The operating system doesn't care about overclocking, it only cares
about stability.

:-)

Hopefiully that means it's better than WinXP for overclocking

Sp2004 seems to work fine for stability testing. I got an hour in today
which isn't enough but I can't stop using my computer for 12 hours just
yet

Try two instances of Prime95, one on each core to fully load the CPU
(set the affinity inside Prime95), and let it run overnight for about 8
hours. Surely you can let it do that while you sleep.

If it doesn't produce any errors, then your computer is stable.

I just wanted to see what other overclockers thought of vista as an
operating system to use for overclocking. Ive been OC since the days of the
K6

I don't usually sleep more than 4, the perils of age I'm afraid. Usually
the best time is when I'm away at work rather thqan sleeping. I have had it
up to 4 hours using two instances of SP2004 (p95 with a far better GUI) amd
lowered the voltage to 1.45

http://sp2004.fre3.com/