Kingston Value vs Corsair Value RAM for OC SockA XP-M

Old December 23rd 04, 06:26 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Kingston Value vs Corsair Value RAM for OC SockA XP-M

I'm at home for the winter break so I don't have access to my main comp
right now. I'm wanting to get some new RAM for a new rig.

Okay so I've got a NF7-S 2.0 with a 2200+ XP-M and I'm planning on doing
200, maybe 215FSB with it. Newegg has (1) Corsair Value Select 256MB 3200
for $37.73 + $4.73 each. They also have Kingston ValueRAM Dual Kit 256MBx2
3200 for $76.03 + $4.73. Thus, I would be paying about $5 more for the two
sticks of Corsair as opposed to the combo Dual package of Kingston. Both
have similar, if not identical, reviews.

The Kingston is rated CL3, and the Corsair is rated CL2.5, but the reviews
all have the same stories (if you want CL2 , lower FSB to under 210 or so)
for both brands.

Which one should I choose?

Phil

Old December 29th 04, 08:25 PM
dennis e strausser jr

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in
message m...
I'm at home for the winter break so I don't have access to my main comp
right now. I'm wanting to get some new RAM for a new rig.

Okay so I've got a NF7-S 2.0 with a 2200+ XP-M and I'm planning on doing
200, maybe 215FSB with it. Newegg has (1) Corsair Value Select 256MB 3200
for $37.73 + $4.73 each. They also have Kingston ValueRAM Dual Kit

256MBx2
3200 for $76.03 + $4.73. Thus, I would be paying about $5 more for the

two
sticks of Corsair as opposed to the combo Dual package of Kingston. Both
have similar, if not identical, reviews.

The Kingston is rated CL3, and the Corsair is rated CL2.5, but the reviews
all have the same stories (if you want CL2 , lower FSB to under 210 or so)
for both brands.

Which one should I choose?

Phil

Don't get either the Kingston or the Corsair..
Get Kingmax PC2700, with the low bus of a 2200+ it's better to go with
slower ram.
Plus, in a P4 System, I've had my Kingmax PC2700 up over 440 MHz
or about 220 MHz.
I Hope this helps you.

Denny. ;-) :-)

Old December 30th 04, 07:52 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"dennis e strausser jr" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks... but I was looking at PC3200 minimum because I'd be running at 200+
FSB with the 2200. I'll take your advice into consideration, though...
thanks.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old December 30th 04, 03:33 PM
Courseyauto

I'm running 2 dimms of Kingston Hyper X 3500 and 2 dimms of Corsair XMS 3500 at
the same time in my KNXP Ggabyte at 220 FSB.