EPOX 8RDA+ and unlocked cpu ??

Old July 4th 03, 07:45 AM
Patrick

Default EPOX 8RDA+ and unlocked cpu ??

Well everyone here keeps saying that the Bartons and Thoroughbreds are
unlocked but mine (as with someone else here that posted) is locked to 12.5,
can go lower but not higher, 13 resets the cpu to a default underclocked
speed. Is this normal? It does not affect me too much as FSB is more
important but I am wondering WHY?
Patrick

Old July 4th 03, 08:30 AM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 23:45:57 -0700, Patrick wrote:

Well everyone here keeps saying that the Bartons and Thoroughbreds are
unlocked but mine (as with someone else here that posted) is locked to
12.5, can go lower but not higher, 13 resets the cpu to a default
underclocked speed. Is this normal? It does not affect me too much as
FSB is more important but I am wondering WHY?
Patrick

Your board doesn't fully support all 5 multiplier bits. That about all
there is to it. If you need the upper multipliers, you have to make the
default 13 or higher.

Old July 4th 03, 11:04 AM
John C.

"Patrick" wrote in message m...
Well everyone here keeps saying that the Bartons and Thoroughbreds are
unlocked but mine (as with someone else here that posted) is locked to 12.5,
can go lower but not higher, 13 resets the cpu to a default underclocked
speed. Is this normal? It does not affect me too much as FSB is more
important but I am wondering WHY?
Patrick

Mobo probably can't toggle the 5th 8X Bit Value signal circuit in
Multiplier Code from default LO to HI.
a href="http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm"
http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm/a
Link to Workarounds article which explains problem and workarounds.
John C.
Old July 4th 03, 12:45 PM
David Tajono

Hi

I have the same problem with my
XP2100 on Gigabyte K7VAX Triton.

I modded the cpu with the wire method to access the lower multiplier from
5X to 12.5X.

Do you mean that I do not need to mod the cpu with the witremethod to access
the lower multiplier?

Regards,

David
"John C." wrote in message
om...

m...

Old July 4th 03, 04:39 PM
LeeB18509

I think you got it backwards. You *already* had access to the lower
multipliers without the wire trick. Now I'm guessing it runs at 13x133 when
set to "auto"?

"David Tajono" wrote in message
Hi

I have the same problem with my
XP2100 on Gigabyte K7VAX Triton.

I modded the cpu with the wire method to access the lower multiplier from
5X to 12.5X.

Do you mean that I do not need to mod the cpu with the witremethod to

access
the lower multiplier?

Regards,

David
"John C." wrote in message
om...

m...

Old July 4th 03, 10:17 PM
Neil

your 2100+ has a default mutiplier of 13 so you should not be seeing any of
the problems associated with the cpu with a 12.5 and lower default
mutiplier, so basically is not your cpu causing the problems must be your
board.

Neil

"David Tajono" wrote in message
Hi

I have the same problem with my
XP2100 on Gigabyte K7VAX Triton.

I modded the cpu with the wire method to access the lower multiplier from
5X to 12.5X.

Do you mean that I do not need to mod the cpu with the witremethod to

access
the lower multiplier?

Regards,

David