Which companies offer good telephone support?

Old August 17th 04, 10:57 PM
Philip

Default Which companies offer good telephone support?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a basic PC just for internet, e-mail and word processing.
Since it is not for myself, but for somebody with a limited knowledge of
computers I want to buy from a company that offers very good support
preferably over the phone. I've seen a couple of companies but they seem to
either do all their support over the internet or charge £1/min. for
telephone support.

Which companies should I turn to?

Old August 17th 04, 11:39 PM
Dr Teeth

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:57:46 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Which companies should I turn to?

Evesham. Phone support is local rate and email response is quite
respectable.

I have bought all my PCs from them and probably will again. I say
'probably' as it is highly likely that I will build my next one.

Cheers,

Guy

Old August 17th 04, 11:52 PM
Philip

Evesham. Phone support is local rate and email response is quite
respectable.

Thanks.

Unfortunately their budget PC's just seem more expensive compared to Mesh
Computers. But I guess they got to make money in some way.

Old August 18th 04, 12:24 AM
Jimmy

"Philip" wrote in message
.. .

Evesham. Phone support is local rate and email response is quite
respectable.

Thanks.

Unfortunately their budget PC's just seem more expensive compared to Mesh
Computers. But I guess they got to make money in some way.

Walk down to your local independant and see a real face you will get

better service and the price wont be that far of the net, as the saying goes
You pays your money and takes your choice
you save a pound today to spend £20 on the phone

Old August 19th 04, 12:20 AM
Derek F.

"Philip" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a basic PC just for internet, e-mail and word

processing.
Since it is not for myself, but for somebody with a limited knowledge of
computers I want to buy from a company that offers very good support
preferably over the phone. I've seen a couple of companies but they seem

either do all their support over the internet or charge £1/min. for
telephone support.

Which companies should I turn to?

Much better to go to a local company who can give them the machine that they
need without unneeded extras and on the spot support. I had one mail order
computer that had to go back twice and other three times during the warranty
periods.
Derek.

Old August 19th 04, 10:54 PM
Vittorio Janus

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:52:18 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Evesham. Phone support is local rate and email response is quite
respectable.

Thanks.

Unfortunately their budget PC's just seem more expensive compared to Mesh
Computers. But I guess they got to make money in some way.

My personal experience of Evesham's technical support is that it is
absolutely first class.

I've seen plenty of rude comments about Mesh's customer support - and
not many good ones - but that's not the same thing as technical
support.

You are going to find it difficult to find someone willing to sell you
a cheap computer and chuck in free tuition as well - they have to make
a living you know!

Regards
vj