Good compatible cartridges?

Old June 10th 05, 05:07 PM
Walter R.

Default Good compatible cartridges?

I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200 All-in-one
printer.

Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Old June 10th 05, 05:30 PM
microland

Walter R. wrote:
I am looking for good, compatible cartridges for my Epson CX 5200 All-in-one
printer.

Can someone share his experience in using compatible cartridges that use
Epson quality ink and that do not give error messages when inserted?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

What error message? Are you talking about the warning message
indicating the non-Epson chipset/cartridge?

By law, you should not remove the warning message, it's all about
copyright (I guess). however, it does not affect anything, just a
"one-more-click-job".

I did use mediastreet.com and inkrepublic.com bulk ink system for
1280/1290 printer. it's great saving.

I suggest you can try several good ink system or cartridge:

http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDe...sp?item=CX5200
http://www.re-ink.com
http://www.atlanticinkjet.com

Old June 10th 05, 05:55 PM
Burt

Microland gave you a recommendation based on his (or her) actual use.
Measekite has no experience with aftermarket inks and, more importantly,
Epson aftermarket inks. Read his past posts to understand his position and
questionable credibility. In addition to the information you get from
people on this NG you can go to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ where aftermarket inks and cartridges are
discussed, sign in, search the forum for Epson ink info (most people on that
forum are Canon users) and post a question as well. There are some Epson
users who answer questions on Nifty. You would be wise to also email Arthur
Entlich (fiind one of his recent postings for the email address) and ask him
for his epson print head cleaning manual which he will email to you. Good
information to have in the event that you have a maintenance problem in the
future.

Old June 10th 05, 05:56 PM
Ivor Floppy

"measekite" wrote in message
Epson uses Epson quality ink. You take your chances with the rest.

You take your chances with Epson ink too.

Old June 10th 05, 08:07 PM
Jan Alter

Hi,

We've been using Inktek compatible cartridges for our Epson 740, 880,
C80, C82 and C84 for a couple of years for our more than 60 printers at
school without head clogs and very nice printing. These folks are in New
York city area.
They've proved reliable and have saved us an arm and a leg moneywise They
apparently have ink for the CX5200.

http://store.compuside.com/epson.html

--
Jan Alter

or

Old June 11th 05, 05:31 AM
Burt

Walter - A request - After you purchase and use an aftermarket ink or
prefilled cartridge for a while would you please report back to this
newsgroup and also to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Sign in and post a message indicating the printer you are using, the vendor
from whom you purchased your ink or cartridges, and your experience with the
vendor and product. Your experience can help to guide others in their
purchase and use of aftermarket inks. It is best to read posts from
personal experience before making a purchase of these products. I started
using bulk ink to refill cartridges for my Canon i960 after reading a lot of
postings on several forums stating personal positive experience with
products from specific vendors. It was a great help and I ended up with
excellent results and no problem with my printer in nearly a year of use.

I expect Measekite to follow this post by telling you that you don't know
what you are getting as the vendor relabels someone elses product and
doesn't tell you the manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,
people have found vendors that have been reliable for many years and
delivered a product that has worked consistantly well for them. That is the
experience we need to transmit to each other as it is all "word-or-mouth."

Old June 11th 05, 06:38 AM
Frank

measekite wrote:

Burt wrote:

the vendor relabels someone elses product and doesn't tell you the
manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,

:-)

The different label only makes a difference in the price.
This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get the
same thing but at a very different price.
Frank
:-P
Old June 11th 05, 07:48 AM
measekite

Frank wrote:

measekite wrote:

Burt wrote:

the vendor relabels someone elses product and doesn't tell you the
manufacturer, etc. Although this is generally true,

:-)

The different label only makes a difference in the price.
This is like generic drugs verses big drug company rip-offs. You get
the same thing but at a very different price.
Frank

More like street drugs

:-P