Motherboard and CPU recommendations - UK

Old July 4th 03, 06:14 AM
Paul Greer

Default Motherboard and CPU recommendations - UK

http://www.microdirect.co.uk is a cheap online place. I've never had any
problems with returns but I live near their real-world store(Manchester) so
I've always gone to the physical returns counter and spoken to a human
being. I dunno how the online service would differ. £195 will get you an
Asus A7N8X Deluxe and a T-bred 2700+ 333FSB.
good luck with whatever you choose

"©®" wrote in message
Having had my motherboard and CPU in for repair and not being returned,
the manufacturer is offering me a refund which comes to about GBP195.
I had an AthlonXP 1800+ 1.53Ghz SoA Box processor and SoA AMD 761 ATX A
R motherboard.
Would anyone please recommend what I should get if I choose the refund?
It has been a good while since I purchased CPU and motherboard.
Also... any online places (or stores in St Albans/Luton/Watford area)
that are good to purchase from in UK?
Thanks

Old July 4th 03, 06:48 PM
Li'l ol' me

My server didn't catch the OP so I don't know where you went first, so...

This is probably a shot in the dark, but isn't Watford Electronics in
Watford? Well no, it's actually in Luton, funnily enough, but it's all down
south to me! They do a bargain (OEM) XP2400 for £57- why buy an XP1800
(£44) for the sake of £13?

I don't live near any of these big stores, so shopping around on-line only I
use Komplett or ebuyer. Ebuyer has the edge 'cos their postage is dirt
cheap - I've just had a monitor and some other stuff for a fiver! Komplett
want about £8 for shipping a stick of memory last time I checked! But they
can be the cheapest, so it may be worth it.

And microdirect are cheaper than I thought, but you'll lose what you save
paying £12 postage! (at least it was last time I ordered).

And get the abit nf7-s instead of that asus thing! And some good memory
(PC2700 minimum)