LiteOn 40x12x48 cdr and win xp - disk spins and spins but don't burn

Old August 18th 03, 07:56 AM
Winey

Default LiteOn 40x12x48 cdr and win xp - disk spins and spins but don't burn

I know that I'm replying way, way, way after this thread cooled off,
but I just had a similar problem that I solved truly by accident.

I'm running a Win 2000 System with a Lite-On 48x24x48x drive. DMA set
on. Dunno about the ASPI version, but my hard disks and tape backup
at pure SCSI, and it all just works. My Nero is the one that came
bundled with the drive, 5.5.9.2.

I've had Nero hang several times at 3%, and this evening at 51%.
Runed me a good Fuji disk, then a crappy Optimum disk, and THEN, THEN
I went back to the Explorer folder for my files. I had selected some
of the files, and even though the Explorer window wasn't active, the
file name were still half-highlighted, if you all know what I mean.

So, I unselected the files, and then Nero happily burned the CD on my
next try. Good thing too, I hate wasting Fuji TY disks!

--W--

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:42:38 -0000, "Tempest"
wrote:

I had a similar problem with my system (Cyberdrive CW038D and XP Pro, mine
used to get to about 6% and XP would shut down)

I have just managed to cure it by *disabling* DMA and forcing the burner
onto PIO4.

Might be worth a try for you!

Rgds

Tempest

"spix" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have a Lite-on 40x12x48 CDR recorder with the latest firmware. It runs

on
Win XP and I am using Nero (the latest version 5.5.10.0)

Now here is my problem: When I start to burn a CDR it goes to 6% and then
just spins and spins. The recording light never comes on.

I took the writer back to the store and they checked it and it burns fine
for them in XP using Nero so I guess its an XP problem but I don't know
what.

I checked: Device manager - ide/ata/atapi controllers and they are set to
Unable DMA if available and current tranfer mode is 'Ultra DMA mode 5'

If any of you guys can help I would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Karl