Canon ip5300 question + my hp experience

Old January 20th 07, 08:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
antonio

Default Canon ip5300 question + my hp experience

Does anyone have ip5300 or ip5200 printers. I have to know is it
possible to print text with black cartridge only.
I print a lot of text so it is very important to me along with low ink
cost and duplex. I have hp business inkjet 1200. Few years ago it was
the best solution for me but photo quality wasn't great. I would like
to hear your experience with canon ip5300.
Many thanks

Old January 23rd 07, 10:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Paul Heslop

antonio wrote:

Does anyone have ip5300 or ip5200 printers. I have to know is it
possible to print text with black cartridge only.
I print a lot of text so it is very important to me along with low ink
cost and duplex. I have hp business inkjet 1200. Few years ago it was
the best solution for me but photo quality wasn't great. I would like
to hear your experience with canon ip5300.
Many thanks

I'm sure I'll be corrected if Im wrong but I think with the pixmas
it's a quality thing. If you set it to high quality it will print
using a mixture but at normal quality it'll print text using the black
cart as it dries quicker? Like I say, don't quote me, I may be wrong,
so hopefully someone will either back me up or laugh at me :O)

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old January 29th 07, 08:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

"antonio" wrote in news:1169323818.044111.53950@
38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Does anyone have ip5300 or ip5200 printers. I have to know is it
possible to print text with black cartridge only.
I print a lot of text so it is very important to me along with low ink
cost and duplex. I have hp business inkjet 1200. Few years ago it was
the best solution for me but photo quality wasn't great. I would like
to hear your experience with canon ip5300.
Many thanks

Get a Laser