Recommendations for NF2 MB ... ABIT NF7 or ASUS 87N8X

Old July 3rd 03, 06:23 PM
Wookie

Default Recommendations for NF2 MB ... ABIT NF7 or ASUS 87N8X

Hey,
I'm torn between two MB's right now .... the ABIT NF7 and the ASUS 87N8X.
I'm interested in which is more stable and which is the best in mild OC'er
(With air). I've seen where many OC'ers like the BIOS options in the NF7
and but I notice that most of the system builders use the ASUS board ..
probably because it's more stable .. does anyone have experience with these
two boards.
I will be using an XP2700+.

Thanks

Old July 3rd 03, 06:50 PM
Jung

I have both, well had the Asus it is now in my daughters computer.
I prefered the Abit, both are quite stable boards. The Abit overclocks
better in my experience. However for a mild overclock, either will do.
Look at the features of the boards, in terms of sound, ATA etc. That
may help you make up your mind.
One last thing, Abits support is superior if that matters to you.

Old July 3rd 03, 08:53 PM
Wookie

Thanks for the input. I was looking to get the plain vanilla version ... no
SATA and no Firewire needed. I am tempted by the NF7-S as it has
Soundstorm. I have had an audio card of one type or another since my 285 25
MHz ... I'm not to sure if I want to drag down the CPU with sound processing
or not .. but I have hears that the Soundstorm is much better than the
SoundBlaster.

The plain NF7 just has CODEC97 .. which is just OK.

Old July 3rd 03, 11:38 PM
Jung

Well the NF7-S does come with firewire and SATA as well
as the SSP and MCP-T.. In order to get the most out of
Soundstorm you will want to use the Digital output.

Here is a very nice link for you, from which you can find
numerous reviews of both boards. And just about any
other motherboard for that matter.
http://www.mbreview.com/index.php

I would concentrate on the more recent reviews of each,
as both have been updated to 2.0.

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:53:21 GMT, "Wookie"
wrote:

Thanks for the input. I was looking to get the plain vanilla version ... no
SATA and no Firewire needed. I am tempted by the NF7-S as it has
Soundstorm. I have had an audio card of one type or another since my 285 25
MHz ... I'm not to sure if I want to drag down the CPU with sound processing
or not .. but I have hears that the Soundstorm is much better than the
SoundBlaster.

The plain NF7 just has CODEC97 .. which is just OK.

.. .