armada 7400

Old August 23rd 05, 01:55 PM
jafattz jafattz is offline
Junior Member

Default armada 7400

Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive ,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock lights come on and stay on.
The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive or floppy.
There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still the same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be welcomed.

I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J
Old August 23rd 05, 11:43 PM
Echy

jafattz wrote:
Hi, I have a wierd problem .After replacing the battery and harddrive
,When I switch on the battery ,multibay ,h/d and power lights come on
for 1 second then go out and the num lock,capslock and scroll lock
lights come on and stay on.
The fan doesn't come on and there is no activity from the harddrive or
floppy.
There is no sign of overheating and no smell from the machine. I've
tried using the power pack with the battery removed and it's still the
same.Any suggestions no matter how way out they seem will be welcomed.

I'm also looking for a schematic for the main board on this laptop in
case I can trace the problem with this. Thanks J

Hello

I have this model too. When i had to open it up for a repair I found it
very "fussy" as to whether it worked properly when I put it back
together. Sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Took 2 or 3 attempts to
get it right.

Solution was to EXACTLY and SLOWLY follow the technical directions for
disassembly & reassembly.

I have a tech. manual in PDF form if you need it. Don't think it has a
schematic though.

Regards
Echy
Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com
Old August 24th 05, 12:29 PM
jafattz jafattz is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echy
jafattz wrote:
[...]

Hi Echy I've got the tech manual but it really isn't much help .Maybe it needs a holiday in the sun instead of the gales and rain we get here in sunny Scotland.I picked up another 7400 at a car boot sale for a fiver so I think I'll start swapping bits around and see what happens,thanks for your input and I'll let you know the result Cheers JIM