Easy Access Buttons (loss of...)

Old January 10th 04, 10:52 AM
Russell W. Barnes

Default Easy Access Buttons (loss of...)

Dear all,

I appear to have lost the use of the seven 'easy access' internet buttons on
the keyboard of my Compaq Presario 5000 series 5WV254 PC.

Any idea how to get them back, please? When I looked for the 'Easy Access
Buttons' icon in the control panel, it had gone too! Can I copy this file
from a similar machine? All the other buttons work satisfactorily; the
volume and CD, go-to-sleep etc... I removed the little 'Q' icon from the
system tray some weeks ago, and I wonder if that might have had something to
do with it
--

Regds,

Russell W. B.

--
Regds,

Russell W. B.
http://www.huttonrow.co.uk

Please take out dog before replying by Email!

Old January 10th 04, 08:20 PM
Russell W. Barnes

"Russell W. Barnes" wrote in message
Dear all,

I appear to have lost the use of the seven 'easy access' internet buttons

on
the keyboard of my Compaq Presario 5000 series 5WV254 PC.

Any idea how to get them back, please? When I looked for the 'Easy Access
Buttons' icon in the control panel, it had gone too! Can I copy this file
from a similar machine? All the other buttons work satisfactorily; the
volume and CD, go-to-sleep etc... I removed the little 'Q' icon from the
system tray some weeks ago, and I wonder if that might have had something

do with it
--

I forgot to add: I recently installed VIA Hyperion USB driver updates to my
PC.

Today I copied the files "c:\program files\compaq" from an identical PC and
installed them over the ones on my machine. I still can't get the easy
access buttons to work. I tried opening the executable files in "c:\program
files\compaq\easy access button support" (which - on the original
'corrupted' folder had been left empty!) but I get a message: 'an easy
access button component is missing'. It won't tell me which one, though.

My machine is a Compaq Presario 5000 5WV254 running WinME.

All help appreciated!
--

Regds,

Russell W. B.

Old January 10th 04, 09:10 PM
Trai' La Trash

Russ this should bring you to the page with the software you need.

Trai'

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...etype=software

Driver- Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices
description date version previous size

» Presario Easy Access Keyboard with LED Support for Windows 98/ME
2000-09-13 6.00.167 - 2.47 MB

» Presario Easy Access Keyboard with LED Support Driver for Windows
98/ME/2000
2001-03-19 6.00.420 - 2.60 MB

» Presario Easy Access Keyboard Fix
2001-01-09 1.0.0.0 - 160.36 KB

» Presario Keyboard Software, Smart Card Driver, and CPQInet for
Windows ME/2000/XP
2001-10-26 6.00.649/1.0.0. - 5.63 MB

[...]

Attached Images

Old January 12th 04, 09:12 AM
Russell W. Barnes

Thanks.

I had found that page and installed the stuff, to no avail. In the
end I resorted to 'ghosting up' from an earlier time when everything
worked!

I had backed up all my documents and pictures, so it wasn't so bad.
Thanks for your help, anyway.
--

Regds,

Russell W. B.

"Trai' La Trash" wrote in message news:btppp3
[...]

begin 666 s.gif
`
end