1070 Presario Laptop-- Win 95 Clock starts and stops!?!

Old November 22nd 03, 06:43 PM
Phil

Default 1070 Presario Laptop-- Win 95 Clock starts and stops!?!

Hi all,

I recently put my old laptop to a dedicated task rather than throw it
away... but found that the clock won't run on time. It starts and stops and
starts and stops (sometimes for long stretches of time).

Before I tear it apart, I thought that I would ask if there was someone who
could tell me if there is a battery that can be replaced (like in a desktop
box) that might affect the clock? I have it on the table running as I type
this, and it is continue to start and stop. I think it runs fine when the
machine is turned off, because it doesn't lose much, if any, time while it
is out of use.

Home Base, Compaq Easy Access Buttons, Volume, and Touch Pad Enhancements
are the only items in the system tray.

Could power handling be causing this phenom?

Well, anyway, thanks for looking.

Phil