Linux modem driver for Compaq Evo160?

Old September 19th 03, 05:40 AM
\MIDIcian\ \(tm\)

Default Linux modem driver for Compaq Evo160?

You probably need to install Linmodem.

Stan
+- +- +- +-
"Jean Luc Picard" wrote in message
I am trying to install the JAMD Linux distro on my Compaq Evo N160

Notebook.
Everything installs nicely except the modem, which is a
Conexant Intl HsFi V92 Mini PCI

I downloaded an appropriate driver from DriverGuide.com but it does not
appear to recognise the modem.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks.

PS I am back on windows sending this.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old September 20th 03, 05:47 AM
\MIDIcian\ \(tm\)

"Ayaz Ahmed Khan" wrote in message
ldomain...
LinModem. ....

I'm glad that a supposed arab and a supposed jew (I was only born that WAY.
I bought it until I reached the "age of reason" (George Carlin) (my Bar
Mitzvah)) can work together to set the facts straight.

Stan Rosenthal,
www.thesequencers.us/Camel
"They play the machine, a new-fangled device
Lighting the fuse, there's no need to worry
Your world, will be all *RIGHT*" - Camel ('Metrognome')

Old September 20th 03, 03:18 PM
Ayaz Ahmed Khan

"Jean Luc Picard" typed:

I am trying to install the JAMD Linux distro on my Compaq Evo N160
Notebook. Everything installs nicely except the modem, which is a Conexant
Intl HsFi V92 Mini PCI
I downloaded an appropriate driver from DriverGuide.com but it does not
appear to recognise the modem.
Can anyone help me.
Thanks.
PS I am back on windows sending this.
News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total

Privacy via Encryption =---

LinModem.org [http://www.linmodem.org/] is the most comprehensive web-site
on Linux Modems, with special attention given to the functionality of
WinModems in Linux.

You should read the modem HOW-TO available at that site, and subscribe and
send your queries to LinModem.org's mailing list,
]. Further details are availabe on
the web site.

--
Ayaz Ahmed Khan