About to install new HD.

Old August 4th 03, 06:00 PM
Ken Knecht

Default About to install new HD.

I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in my
Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use the Maxtor
install software that came with the drive since my Partition
Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use it to make multiple
partitions.

Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?

TIA

Ken

Old August 4th 03, 06:41 PM
Ken Knecht

I just did. Thanks. Good thing you reminded me.

Ken

"HH" wrote in
:

Check the FAQ about jumpering the new drive.
HH

.202...

Old August 5th 03, 06:07 PM
Ken Knecht

I just checked "maxblast3" with Google and the download site says
it does do partitions, so I should be all set.

BTW, I'm running XP Home. I forgot to mention this in my original
message.

Ken

"Jack H" wrote in
ink.net:

Call Maxtor at 1-800-262-9867, for exact steps and
capabilities.

"Ken Knecht" wrote in message
.202...
I plan to install a new Maxtor 80G HD as a second drive in
my Compaq Presario 5000T Tuesday afternoon. I plan to use
the Maxtor install software that came with the drive since
my Partition Magic is long out of date - I hope I can use
it to make multiple partitions.

Anything I should plan ahead for or watch out for?

TIA

Ken

Hance Rapids SATA HostRaid Driver Installation for GA-8KNXP Ultra-64 Jeff French Gigabyte Motherboards 6 February 14th 05 02:29 AM
Can't install Nero 6 James Cdr 1 September 13th 04 11:22 PM
Can't install CAt 3.9 on XP Pro Daniel Ganek Ati Videocards 8 November 11th 03 08:08 PM
Can't Install Radeon 9600SE Because No Standard VGA Driver in XP Steven Myers Ati Videocards 7 October 31st 03 07:27 PM
Install Problems with an Adaptec 2400a RAID Controller! Starz_Kid General 1 June 24th 03 03:44 AM