Mem48U-need help with email setting

Old July 1st 03, 04:25 PM
Czuba

Default Mem48U-need help with email setting

I recently uninstalled my Memorex scanner (Mem48U) due to problems with
Netscape and/or memory, and now I cannot get it to function the correct
way for "one button email", when reinstalled. The other "one touch
buttons" work fine. When I click on the "one button email", my scanner
scans the image, and a new email opens in Netscape. However, my image
is not included. . Even though the manual states it is for "Outlook
Express", I was previously able to use the "one button email" to scan my
image and have it directly delivered to my email - (Netscape
Communicator 4.8). I have since upgraded to the latest version of
Netscape (7.02), which solved my Netscape/memory problems I believe it
might just be something simple like a setting, but I have been looking
for days, and can't find the source of my problem. I would appreciate
any help. Thanks. Kathy C.

Old July 1st 03, 06:04 PM
Czuba

Additional information - The scanner is scanning the image and saving it
in "ScanPanel/TMPMail, but it is not putting or including it in the
email. How do I get it to be included in the email when using the "one
button email" button. I can include it if I send it as an attachment,
but I like the ease of "one button email". Thanks. Kathy C.

Old July 1st 03, 09:34 PM
Quaoar

Czuba wrote:

I recently uninstalled my Memorex scanner (Mem48U) due to problems
with Netscape and/or memory, and now I cannot get it to function the
correct way for "one button email", when reinstalled. The other "one
touch buttons" work fine. When I click on the "one button email", my
scanner scans the image, and a new email opens in Netscape. However,
my image is not included. . Even though the manual states it is
for "Outlook Express", I was previously able to use the "one button
email" to scan my image and have it directly delivered to my email -
(Netscape Communicator 4.8). I have since upgraded to the latest
version of Netscape (7.02), which solved my Netscape/memory problems
I believe it might just be something simple like a setting, but I
have been looking for days, and can't find the source of my problem.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Kathy C.

I've not done this, but it might be that you need to set the default
email handler in Windows: Internet Options control panel, Programs Tab.

Old July 2nd 03, 12:16 AM
Czuba

Thank you for your suggestion. I checked and Netscape is set as my
default email program. I have also tried using Outlook Express and the
result is the same - a new email pops open, but no image is included.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old July 2nd 03, 03:34 AM
tomcas

I recently installed this scanner on a pc for a friend and from what I
recall you can make the setting changes through the Scan Panel
application. Usually you can access this by double clicking on the Scan
Panel Icon next to the system clock. If for some reason the icon is not
there it probably needs to be configured to auto start with your pc or
it somehow got removed from your StartUp directory. In any case you can
always access it by StartProgramse+ 48UScanPanel. Once you've opened
ScanPanel click on the settings button (looks like a old street sign
post). Then click on the email tab and make your setting changes. Sorry,
I can't remember much more but you will probably find better help at the
OEM site which is http://www.artecusa.com/
Tom

Old July 3rd 03, 07:48 PM
Czuba

Hi Tom: I know exactly what you are talking about. Is there any way
you can check and see what your friend's setting or folder he is using
for email setting? Mine is set to C:\ScanPanel/TmpMail and that is
where I find my scanned image, so I know the scanner works. Now if I
could just get the image to appear automatically in the email like it
should with using the "one touch email button", I would be happy.
Thanks for any help or suggestions. Kathy C.

Old July 4th 03, 04:01 AM
tomcas

Sorry but I set him up with Outlook Express so I doubt if his settings
are going to help you there. I suggest you contact Artec (714-854-7750)
or email (http://www.artec-us.com/Tech_support_form.htm). They might
just surprise you. I was impressed with the tech help when I called
about an installation problem. You might also try emailing Netscape for
help.

Old July 4th 03, 04:58 AM
Czuba

Thanks, but I have been emailing (back & forth) the tech support for the
past couple days, and so far we haven't been able to figure it out. It
wouldn't hurt to give them a call after the holiday weekend. I'll try
Netscape next. Thanks again. Kathy C.

Czuba wrote:

[...]

Please Read...A Must Read Trini4life2k2 General 1 March 8th 04 01:30 AM
Setting up webserver Micky General 4 February 11th 04 01:35 AM
Simple question about setting RAID Stephane Daigle Asus Motherboards 3 December 1st 03 07:57 PM
email question Bacchus General 6 September 4th 03 04:30 PM
Kingston HyperX3500,A7N8X Deluxe,& XP2600 setting Rick Asus Motherboards 11 August 11th 03 07:19 PM