The time for CDRs is running out ........

Old November 14th 04, 09:36 PM
Mike Richter

Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

They will lose their data after 5 years and soon everybody will throw
them away and buy cassette recorders again.

CDRs are rubbish, but cassette recorders rule!

Aren't such decalarations inspriring?

Please don't tell my nine-year-old CD recordings that they've expired.
As long as they remain ignorant, they will continue to play without
trouble for decades more.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old November 14th 04, 10:08 PM
Paul Heslop

Mike Richter wrote:

Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

They will lose their data after 5 years and soon everybody will throw
them away and buy cassette recorders again.

CDRs are rubbish, but cassette recorders rule!

Aren't such decalarations inspriring?

Please don't tell my nine-year-old CD recordings that they've expired.
As long as they remain ignorant, they will continue to play without
trouble for decades more.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

and please don't tell my hardly used but still stockpiled audio
cassettes to get nicely tangled up with the little twiddly bits inside
my player next time I decide to play them.
--
Paul (I got the horrors cos I'm one inch tall)
Stop and Look
Old November 14th 04, 11:01 PM

In article ,
Willy Nilly wrote:
wrote:

Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt; like all trolls, the
way to handle him is to IGNORE him.

This type of advice will NEVER work due to the ongoing number of Usenet
newbies that go online. So just give it up. Trolls are part of Usenet
and always will be (unfortunately).

Google groups has already expressed that they do not police or act on
this type of behavior.

Google Groups does NOT own Usenet and can't do anything to police it.
All GG does is archive the posts for posterity.

Check the headers of the troll's postings. He is posting **FROM** Google
Groups. Google does not own the UseNet; however, they have the power (and
some would say, the duty) to prevent its posting service from being
abused.

Old November 14th 04, 11:05 PM
half_pint

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
news
half_pint wrote:
"Willy Nilly" wrote in message
half_pint wrote:

Hmmm...guys...we're talking about CDR's here...
remember?

We are talking about what we are talking about.

Old November 15th 04, 06:13 AM
Mike Richter

Paul Heslop wrote:

and please don't tell my hardly used but still stockpiled audio
cassettes to get nicely tangled up with the little twiddly bits inside
my player next time I decide to play them.

I promise not to tell them. Nor about the decade-old cassettes whose
pads have hardened, whose tape has lost its lubricant or which otherwise
drive me to my few remaining spare shells in order for one last playing
and capture to digital format (where duplication is lossless).

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old November 15th 04, 06:26 AM
ned ludd

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

They will lose their data after 5 years and soon everybody will throw
them away and buy cassette recorders again.

CDRs are rubbish, but cassette recorders rule!

Aren't such decalarations inspriring?

How is this different to your claims about RW?

Please don't tell my nine-year-old CD recordings that they've expired. As
long as they remain ignorant, they will continue to play without trouble
for decades more.

And my 4-5 year old RWs remain blissfully ignorant of your claims and refuse
to fade despite being written in allegedly mismatched burners and sometimes
even packet written. Even if they don't last as long as CDR I suspect they
will long outlive this newsgroup.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old November 15th 04, 08:33 AM
Paul Heslop

Mike Richter wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:

and please don't tell my hardly used but still stockpiled audio
cassettes to get nicely tangled up with the little twiddly bits inside
my player next time I decide to play them.

I promise not to tell them. Nor about the decade-old cassettes whose
pads have hardened, whose tape has lost its lubricant or which otherwise
drive me to my few remaining spare shells in order for one last playing
and capture to digital format (where duplication is lossless).

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Ah, a master tape mechanic! Removing the fiddly little wheels of tape
and hoping they don't unravel and having to ensure they go round the
capstans and pins in the right way or yer screwed.