Plextor 708A CD-TEXT problem

Old April 11th 04, 08:13 PM
SleeperMan

3W typed:

"Martino" wrote in message
Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I wrote (in the original post) that CDs burned on Samsung CD-R/RW are
correctly displaying CD-TEXT on My Pioneer CD Player.

Dude,

I was responding to Sleeperman, which is why his post was quoted, and
not yours.

True. My apollogies. You're more or less right. However, since most of folks
now buys DVD as CD player, this changes a bit. But at the end still the most
deciding part of it is license fee....unfortunately. When it comes to Sony,
they won't change it's mind for nothing. Remember that they are the only one
who invented their own memory card for digital cameras. They can afford it.
And they are so big, that they are (kinda) succesfull. But they are still
assholes in this regard.

Old April 11th 04, 08:20 PM
SleeperMan

Martino typed:

This is interesting info. Thanks a lot guys.

Plextor support says that the issue might be related to not using
recommended media. I have been using TDK CD-R rated up to 48X.

I think that the issue is with burned versus CD Player compatibility
- as you are indicating.

Cheers.

That proves that: 1)either they don't have a clue what to do, or
2) the truth is what i said, but in this case
they won't admit it for all the money in the world.

Anyway, Plextor support is kinda slow, useless and of very low knowledge.
When once i asked about a problem - I have Premium and with 1.05 firmware i
tried more than 10 different brands of CDR, but on NONE it burned faster
than 24-32x speed. And all this I CLEARLY WROTE TO THEM, that i tried Sony,
Maxell, Taiyo Yuden, TDK etc...!!! - they responded "it's probably
incompatible media. Please try media, suggested at our web site for this
drive".
It's like they doesn't even READ your question...What a morons....
By the way, i solved my problem with installing earlier, ver. 1.04 firmware.

So, at the very end, maybe you could try with different firmware - you know,
miracles do happen (although not to us, decent ones...)

Good luck!

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
mike destefano typed:

I have the same Plextor drive and have no problems with CDtext
showing up on either my panasonic dvd plyer or my car stereo JVC.

That's because you have different player. Like i said, five or 10
different burners or players, five or ten different behaviours. It's
just the matter of luck here. Obviously your player reads more CD
Text versions than Pioneer one.What can i say? Sorry...

Thanks
Mike
"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Martino typed:

Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I agree with you...(i hope you mean 3W, not me).
Two different CD burners, two different CD Text burned. It can
happen that one shows, other doesn't. It won't be the first time.
My friend has car palyer, which can show CD Text, but no matter
which burner it's used, CD Text is showed only if pressed CD is
inserted. So, i guess you're lucky to have it with first burner.
And there's not hing really that can be done here, except continue
to use old drive to burn Audio CD's.
Remember that CD Text is invented and owned by Sony, and as such
they require a fee. So, some companies re-create it a bit in order
to get free version of CD Text and so they don't need to pay to
Sony. It's same as mp3PRO - it never became popular (and it never
will) just because they require a fee, while mp3 (normal) is free.
It's becasue some of them are too greedy.
This is same reason why most pressed CD's still doesn't contain CD
Text. It's because they would have to pay license fee to Sony, and
so they rather omit it. CD's would then be even more expensive.
(even as they are, i don't buy any of them).
Note that Philips (as creator and owner of CD) still gets a license
fee of EVERY cd - pressed or blank...

Old April 11th 04, 11:04 PM
XPG

Are you sure CD-Text was really written on CD?
Have you tried other burning programs?

There should be some CD-Text analysing program somewhere... Feurio has a
CD-Text button that shows a bit how it's stored... maybe it helps you to
find what Plextor does differently... BTW, Feurio has the best support for
burning CD-Text.

Old April 11th 04, 11:31 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

XPG wrote:

Are you sure CD-Text was really written on CD?
Have you tried other burning programs?

There should be some CD-Text analysing program somewhere... Feurio has a
CD-Text button that shows a bit how it's stored... maybe it helps you to
find what Plextor does differently... BTW, Feurio has the best support for
burning CD-Text.

Don't know about the best, but sure does know more than Roxio:

================================
From: Jens Fangmeier (Feurio)
Subject: EzCD 4 and CD-TEXT
Date: 11/20/00

Adrian Miller (Roxio) wrote:

"Henry Horrocks" wrote...
"The Worrier King"...

Is there something I have to do to get my Ez CD Creator 4.02
to burn CD-TEXT format disks?

I looked on the Adaptec web site, and my CD burner (Mitsumi 4804)
is listed as supporting CD-TEXT, bur the option is grayed out in
the Ez CD dialog box.

I have the same issue. Mitsumi 4804 Drive and a wish to use the
CD text feature.

Whine Mode ON

Howcome we always get bit like this???? I bought the 4804 on advice
of another burner program that said Mitsumi was well supported, now
it turns out there are _two_ CD text modes, and EZCD won't support
this kind of CD text. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Three actually. There is the original Sony method, the method that
Ricoh and Plextor use

The "original" sony mode and the ricoh / plextor mode are not really
different; only some bytes in the cue-sheet are different - the
sector-data are exact the same.

Actual sony-writers use the same mode as ricoh / plextor-writers -
this is also descripted in the Multimedia-Commandset.

and now it appears that Mitsumi have ignored both of those and
done something completely different.

Yes - I can tell you what do to: You have to simple write the whole cd
in RAW Mode with FULL subchannels (Subchannels p to w, 2448 Bytes per
sector) and encode cd-text data in the subchannels of the leadin).

Let's see if adaptecs programmers are able to programm this :-;
=================================
Old April 12th 04, 04:36 AM
Kevin Miller

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:13:22 -0400, Kevin Miller
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:04:53 -0700, "Martino"
wrote:

This is interesting info. Thanks a lot guys.

Plextor support says that the issue might be related to not using
recommended media. I have been using TDK CD-R rated up to 48X.

I think that the issue is with burned versus CD Player compatibility - as
you are indicating.

Martino, I've been trying to find the answer to the same problem for a
while now. CDs burned on my NEC 1100A show CD-TEXT fine in my car's CD
system, but the Plextor 708A just won't do it. Frustrating...

Kevin Miller

"The avalanche has already started;
it is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Damn it -- Soon after I posted the last message, I burning two tracks
onto a CD with the Plextor and Nero and got CD_Text just
fine...grumble, grumble...

Old April 13th 04, 06:36 PM
Tim Kroesen

Try burning CD-Text with another program... Feurio is a free demo...

www.feurio.com

Tim K

"3W" wrote in message
"SleeperMan" wrote in message
This CD Text is problem by itself. Most CD Players don't show it

even if
it
is burned on CD. Who knows, why...i guess standard for this is not

exactly
unique so burners sort it out differently...

Most CD players don't have text display for CD text.

Old April 13th 04, 06:36 PM
Tim Kroesen

Take a hike psycho!

"smh" wrote in message
ws.com...
Usual crap snipped-

Old April 13th 04, 10:36 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------------
Do Roxio and Adaptec assholes
wipe their assholes, as there is no standard?

===============================
Acraptec (Adaptec) is The Pits!
===============================

Have you heard of Take Two boot disk problem?

Result of no standard method of creating a bootable floppy
under the NT4 and 2000, easy work around available

With the cd-text problem, the difficulty was with "too many"
standards. Now, with the boot disk problem, the difficulty is with
"no" standard. Whether it's 'too many' or 'no', one thing is quite
clear: Acraptec is in love with the word "standard."

( Do Acraptec assholes wipe their assholes as there is no standard
method of doing it? This must be why the whole of Acraptec stinks.
And one more reason why Adaptec should be called a-CRAP-tec. )

================================

Old April 13th 04, 10:39 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

Usual crap snipped-

Still all worked up over crap, Timmy?

=========================
Timmy Kroesen (Pipsqueak) "Ummmmmm"-ed:

OOOOOhhhhhhhh.....

OOOOOhhhhhhh....

Are you coming?
=========================
Old April 13th 04, 10:46 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

(Isn't it a shame Timmy cannot post in comp.* cdr groups?)

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") squealed:

Usual crap snipped-

Still buffooning around, Timmy? Have you forgotten that Mikey is
pitifully, pathetically counting on you?

===========================
Timmy Kroesen - The Buffoon
===========================

Why is Timmy Kroesen the Buffoon?

Timmy cannot prove ANY of the following is a libel -- despite Mikey's
supposed to have proof of misquotes!

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM