Plextor 708A CD-TEXT problem

Old April 9th 04, 07:19 AM
Martino

Default Plextor 708A CD-TEXT problem

I tried Nero 6 and Roxio 6. Even though the burned CDs indicate CD-TEXT
when played on Plextor 708A (Nero 6 - Extras - Save Tracks), I don't see
CD-TEXT on my Pioneer CD-Player (Elite PD-F27).

I tried the same thing on a Samsung CD-R/RW and no problems; CD-TEXT is
visible on My Pioneer CD with no issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Old April 9th 04, 01:31 PM
SleeperMan

Martino typed:

I tried Nero 6 and Roxio 6. Even though the burned CDs indicate
CD-TEXT when played on Plextor 708A (Nero 6 - Extras - Save
Tracks), I don't see CD-TEXT on my Pioneer CD-Player (Elite PD-F27).

I tried the same thing on a Samsung CD-R/RW and no problems; CD-TEXT
is visible on My Pioneer CD with no issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

This CD Text is problem by itself. Most CD Players don't show it even if it
is burned on CD. Who knows, why...i guess standard for this is not exactly
unique so burners sort it out differently...

Old April 10th 04, 02:34 AM
3W

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
This CD Text is problem by itself. Most CD Players don't show it even if

it
is burned on CD. Who knows, why...i guess standard for this is not exactly
unique so burners sort it out differently...

Most CD players don't have text display for CD text.

Old April 10th 04, 06:46 AM
Martino

Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I wrote (in the original post) that CDs burned on Samsung CD-R/RW are
correctly displaying CD-TEXT on My Pioneer CD Player.

Old April 10th 04, 09:47 AM
SleeperMan

Martino typed:

Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I agree with you...(i hope you mean 3W, not me).
Two different CD burners, two different CD Text burned. It can happen that
one shows, other doesn't. It won't be the first time. My friend has car
palyer, which can show CD Text, but no matter which burner it's used, CD
Text is showed only if pressed CD is inserted. So, i guess you're lucky to
have it with first burner. And there's not hing really that can be done
here, except continue to use old drive to burn Audio CD's.
Remember that CD Text is invented and owned by Sony, and as such they
require a fee. So, some companies re-create it a bit in order to get free
version of CD Text and so they don't need to pay to Sony. It's same as
mp3PRO - it never became popular (and it never will) just because they
require a fee, while mp3 (normal) is free. It's becasue some of them are too
greedy.
This is same reason why most pressed CD's still doesn't contain CD Text.
It's because they would have to pay license fee to Sony, and so they rather
omit it. CD's would then be even more expensive. (even as they are, i don't
buy any of them).
Note that Philips (as creator and owner of CD) still gets a license fee of
EVERY cd - pressed or blank...

Old April 10th 04, 11:25 PM
mike destefano

I have the same Plextor drive and have no problems with CDtext showing up on
either my panasonic dvd plyer or my car stereo JVC.

Thanks
Mike

Old April 11th 04, 10:08 AM
SleeperMan

mike destefano typed:

I have the same Plextor drive and have no problems with CDtext
showing up on either my panasonic dvd plyer or my car stereo JVC.

That's because you have different player. Like i said, five or 10 different
burners or players, five or ten different behaviours. It's just the matter
of luck here. Obviously your player reads more CD Text versions than Pioneer
one.What can i say? Sorry...

Thanks
Mike

Old April 11th 04, 04:04 PM
Martino

This is interesting info. Thanks a lot guys.

Plextor support says that the issue might be related to not using
recommended media. I have been using TDK CD-R rated up to 48X.

I think that the issue is with burned versus CD Player compatibility - as
you are indicating.

Cheers.

Old April 11th 04, 05:13 PM
Kevin Miller

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:04:53 -0700, "Martino"
wrote:

This is interesting info. Thanks a lot guys.

Plextor support says that the issue might be related to not using
recommended media. I have been using TDK CD-R rated up to 48X.

I think that the issue is with burned versus CD Player compatibility - as
you are indicating.

Martino, I've been trying to find the answer to the same problem for a
while now. CDs burned on my NEC 1100A show CD-TEXT fine in my car's CD
system, but the Plextor 708A just won't do it. Frustrating...

Kevin Miller

"The avalanche has already started;
it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Old April 11th 04, 07:24 PM
3W

"Martino" wrote in message
Dude

are you reading my mail or are half on a pipe.

I wrote (in the original post) that CDs burned on Samsung CD-R/RW are
correctly displaying CD-TEXT on My Pioneer CD Player.

Dude,

I was responding to Sleeperman, which is why his post was quoted, and not
yours.

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM