NeroVision Express is a SCAM!!!

Old January 18th 04, 04:54 AM
Mohammed Al Sulfair

Default NeroVision Express is a SCAM!!!

I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair
Old January 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Mike Richter

Mohammed Al Sulfair wrote:
I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old January 18th 04, 05:38 AM
Colon Terminus

"Mohammed Al Sulfair" wrote in message
om...
I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair

Why is it that some people always blame their computer or their software for
their own failings?

Is it ignorance or arrogance? The latter, I think.

Old January 18th 04, 07:06 AM
Neroed

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 05:38:32 GMT, Colon Terminus wrote:

"Mohammed Al Sulfair" wrote in message
om...
I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair

Why is it that some people always blame their computer or their software for
their own failings?

Is it ignorance or arrogance? The latter, I think.

I agree the OP is a over the top with the use of "SCAM!!!" in the subject
line, but I think this might be more about the fact that Nero doesn't
respond (or responds poorly) to help requests than anything.

I rarely try to contact any tech support:

a. because I really don't expect an answer
b. because I don't expect the answer to be any good if I do get one

I did try to contact Nero once, though (with what was truly a software
issue as opposed to a user issue), and well ... see "a" and "b" above.

I continue to use Nero (even upgraded to 6 recently), but they certainly
haven't helped to change my view of software companies and the support they
provide.

I can see how not getting a response from a vendor can make those not as
jaded as I am a little upset. When that happens, you usually don't just end
up with opinions of "tech support sucks", you end up with "[insert software
of your choice] sucks". Had Nero responded, we never would have heard from
this person, or if we had, he might have been praising Nero instead.

See ya.
Old January 18th 04, 09:24 AM
Michael Roper

What The! writes:
"Mohammed Al Sulfair" said :

need i say more.

Less. But I'm not all that hopeful.

Michael Roper

Old January 18th 04, 09:58 AM
tom

Yeah shouldn't he be out bombing something?

"What The!" wrote in message
"Mohammed Al Sulfair" said :

need i say more.

Old January 18th 04, 12:44 PM
Brian

Nero is regarded as one of the top disc writing programs.

Have a look at the Nero site as there is a lot of information
including step by step tutors that may help you with your problem.

Regards Brian

Old January 18th 04, 05:44 PM
Mohammed Al Sulfair

Mike Richter wrote in message ...

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

How do you know my AVI is not compliant? What is "not compliant" AVI?

Mohammed Al Sulfair

PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
PCI Express and AMDs - from PC stats [email protected] General 0 September 9th 04 03:34 PM
$1000 to spend on a new computer Azaran2003 General 13 August 29th 04 01:07 AM
PCI Express motherboards, how soon? Mike Harrison Homebuilt PC's 0 April 21st 04 08:14 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM