Lets get a class action lawsuit against ROXIO!!

Old January 15th 04, 03:48 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------------------
Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

How many computers have died or lost everything after installing Roxio
6? I work for a hardware tech support company and we support this
lousy ass product. I cant count how many times that this software
either just doesnt work or has completely erased a partition or just
plain ol' crashed everything.

As a test, we did an image on an xp os and installed Nero. We checked
the number of registry entries and was around 400. We did the same
image with Roxio 6 installed and was over 54,000 registry entries.
HOLY FREAKIN COW!!

Try and get support from Roxio and you either get the run around or
just stupid fixes that never work. And they charge you 35$ which you
could spend towards a working product like Nero.

I say we get a class action lawsuit to get this garbage off the
market!

I have been using Roxio for over three years and have had absolutely no
trouble with it, or caused by it. Can someone tell me what I am doing
wrong?

How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?

Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1
( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
( from both Adrian Miller and Mike Richter. )

=======================
From: smh
Subject: Easy CD 5 - What's All The Hub-Bub About?
Date: 4/2/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

I am having this investigated from both ends and will give
information when I have been informed of the results. Not before.

Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1 with their own
software?

It's been more than a month since it was reported by Joe Pyles.
I repeat: It's been more than a MONTH.

(It took only a few days for Joe Pyles and others to discover the bug.)

Tell me, how many cRoxio engineers does it take to screw in a light
bulb?

Do you think cRoxio will be able to come up with the determination
before the end of this year -- and dare list it as a known issue and
become the laughingstock of cdr community?

(cRoxio may also be cooking up something to blame the bug on Microsoft,
El Nino, or even God.)
=======================
Old January 15th 04, 07:23 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

[...]

If you use win2k/SP2, you'll find a fresh monkey wrench:

=====================================
Mike Richter & Monkey Wrench Business
=====================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 5 vs Win 2000 = HELP!
Date: 7/8/01

A post from Adrian indicated that SP2 threw in a fresh monkey wrench.

I do not believe that Roxio has a release of ECDC for Win2K SP2 at this
point. Your choice: SP1 with ECDC or SP2 without.
======================

BTW, Nero, among other burn softwares, works on Win2k/SP2 -- without
removing the monkey wrench.

( Note: cRoxio must not consider Win2k/SP2 as Win2k, but
it claims Win2k compatible. )

======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Date: 7/9/01

Mike is correct at this time, SP2 broke a load more stuff.
We are working on it.

=====================
From: SandMan
Date: 7/9/01

Isn't it funny how your software *always* gets broke by MS, or
something someone else did? When are you guys and girls ever going
to learn? Sooooooooo many other CDR packages install, uninstall
WITHOUT screwing up ones system, and RUN just fine on win9x, win2k,
win2ksp1, win2ksp2. No wonder you've put your head in the sand, its the
best you can do.

I'm Adapcrap/Roxio free, don't have time to debug the betas you sell
time after time, that never work as advertised, tech support sucks,
and the only thing they really care about is getting the product out
ther door, so they can take our money. Tons of bugs never fixed, and
with each 'release' we get to have 'fun' finding the same old ones
back again, plus for a spin, some news ones.

You guys need to take this to your own newsgroup, and drop out of the
general CDR group. No wonder you have a subscription news-mailer, so
its not totally in the public eye, and you can filter all you like.

Start a new group like; comp.publish.cdrsoftware.roxio

OK I'll let you go back and "work" on some more stuff that just got
broke, have fun, Later!
=====================
Old January 15th 04, 07:24 PM
smh

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

[...]

William Leech's Thinking on Ezcd 5 Mode 1 Bug

======================
From: William Leech -- Moderator of no less than advanced cdr list!
Date: 7/23/01

Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
as it does not write Mode 1,

If it's true it sounds crazy! Can anyone else confirm or deny?

ECDC5 sets some flags incorrectly about what is on the disc -the disc
itself is still Mode 1, &

the error is only picked up when using CD-R diagnostics

or similar tools. So there is a grain of truth behind it,
but it's mostly scare mongering.

=====================
From: smh
Date: 8/30/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

unless the reports of not writing mode 1 correctly
are a total fabribaction by the diseased
minds of the habitual ROXIO-bashers.

It is a minor error in the header that only CDR-Diags and pick up.
That was confirmed by the creator of CDR-Diags.

"error in the header"
"only CDR-Diags [can] pick up"

ERROR in the header
ONLY cdr-diags can pick up -- as ERROR

Question: What's the header there for?
=====================

From: smh
Date: 4/2/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

I am having this investigated from both ends and will give
information when I have been informed of the results. Not before.

Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1 with their own
software?

It's been more than a month since it was reported by Joe Pyles.
I repeat: It's been more than a MONTH.

(It took only a few days for Joe Pyles and others to discover the bug.)

Tell me, how many cRoxio engineers does it take to screw in a light
bulb?

Do you think cRoxio will be able to come up with the determination
before the end of this year -- and dare list it as a known issue and
become the laughingstock of cdr community?

(cRoxio may also be cooking up something to blame the bug on Microsoft,
El Nino, or even God.)
=======================

Version 5.1 Platinum
(3/18/02) === One year after the release!

Easy CD Creator fixes:

Mode 1 disk no longer reported as XA
Old January 16th 04, 08:33 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

[...]

William Leech's Thinking on Why No Bug Fix

Joe Pyles wrote:

In mode 1 it leaves the XA bit turned on ...

Why not fixed?

======================
From: William Leech -- Moderator of no less than advanced cdr list!
Subject: Waste my money on EZCD 5?
Date: 6/25/01

Indeed. It worries me that the beta process did not pick up on this bug,
but it would probably have got the attention of the relevant people at
Roxio much faster, if certain members of this group who are known for
exaggerating issues hadn't started a campaign over it. Think about it,
everyone knows smh posts crap, therefore there is a natural feeling
towards everything he posts being crap; which means people ignore it
when he actually posts something important/useful. This is just my
thinking of course, based on my personal experiences.

===================
From: "Camper"
Date: 6/26/01

Now you are blaming Sammy etc for the bugs in the program being there
for so long. Get real!

As you know Sammy does not even use the program, so his posts are only
repeating the problems that other people have posted.

Next you will be blaming Sammy for adding water to your half empty Vodka
bottles g
===================
Old January 17th 04, 01:57 AM
No Where Man

Why, SFB (aka SMH), I see you've had to get a new newsgroup provider -
Bubbanews.com!

Oh...and I missed that you were with Teranews.com for only a short time?
Guess they caught on to you real quick! Guess Randoni.com got tired of all
the compaints and threats of legal action.

You gotta be running out of options dude. Why not just stop bashing anyone
that disagrees with you, and get off your Roxio fixation. Do something
useful.

Old January 17th 04, 09:04 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

No Where Man ("Friggin' Dummy" like Harry Tasker) wrote:

Mike Richter, any Material Connection w/ Roxio?

I'm brand new to all this. What exactly do you mean by lies?

There are too numerous, but some are collected he

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 23 -- 45)

I am missing something in undersanding the info at that link.
What is Mike Richter's connection with Roxio/Adaptec?

That's a million dollar question.

Videoman knew that Mike Richter was JUST a beta tester and NOT WORK for
cRoxio-Acraptec, and that Richter made no secret of that fact - nemerous
times even when such statement was not called for. Yet he asked:

Will you state for the record whether you are or are not
a stockholder/investor in either Roxio or Adaptec?

Why and what prompted Videoman ask the question?

There was NO RESPONSE from Mike Richter, in stark contrast to his piping
in --even when such statement is not called for-- with "just a beta
tester...not work for" drivel that's seemingly oozing out from all his
orifices. Wonder why not.

Relevant to the above question is this:

FTC GUIDES CONCERNING USE OF ENDORSEMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS IN
ADVERTISING

§255.5 Disclosure of material connections.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/endorse.htm

When there exists a connection between the endorser and the seller of
the advertised product which might materially affect the weight or
credibility of the endorsement (i.e., the connection is not reasonably
expected by the audience) such connection must be fully disclosed.

An example of a connection that is ordinarily expected by viewers and
need not be disclosed is the payment or promise of payment to an
endorser who is an expert or well known personality, as long as the
advertiser does not represent that the endorsement was given without
compensation.

However, when the endorser is neither represented in the advertisement
as an expert nor is known to a significant portion of the viewing
public, then the advertiser should clearly and conspicuously disclose
either the payment or promise of compensation prior to and in exchange
for the endorsement or the fact that the endorser knew or had reasons to
know or to believe that if the endorsement favors the advertised product
some benefit, such as an appearance on TV, would be extended to the
endorser.

Old January 17th 04, 01:00 PM
No Where Man

"smh" (aka wrote in message

Mindeless pontification snipped

Such a pathetic little turd you are.

Old January 17th 04, 10:51 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
cRoxio / Acraptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

Allen Tyler wrote:

SpongeHead wrote:

[...]

DirectCD is so bad that even none other than a cRoxio Shill rejected it:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!

Update on Athlon 2600 Ghz discrepancy David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 7 August 27th 04 08:56 PM
HDD Class Action Lawsuit PawsForThought General 4 December 18th 03 10:19 PM
Help: Backup Exec 9.0 backup on to Plextor DVD+RW via Roxio Jeff Ishaq Cdr 0 October 22nd 03 06:39 PM
ROXIO problems Paul Cdr 5 August 1st 03 06:08 PM
I want to use Nero, not Roxio Greg Bailey Cdr 0 July 16th 03 03:05 PM