Lets get a class action lawsuit against ROXIO!!

Old January 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
smh

Default Lets get a class action lawsuit against ROXIO!!

Suggest crosspost to: alt.comp.periphs.cdr, alt.cd-rom

SpongeHead wrote:

How many computers have died or lost everything after installing Roxio
6? I work for a hardware tech support company and we support this
lousy ass product. I cant count how many times that this software
either just doesnt work or has completely erased a partition or just
plain ol' crashed everything.

As a test, we did an image on an xp os and installed Nero. We checked
the number of registry entries and was around 400. We did the same
image with Roxio 6 installed and was over 54,000 registry entries.
HOLY FREAKIN COW!!

Try and get support from Roxio and you either get the run around or
just stupid fixes that never work. And they charge you 35$ which you
could spend towards a working product like Nero.

I say we get a class action lawsuit to get this garbage off the
market!
Old January 3rd 04, 10:17 PM
Tim Kroesen

I propose a class action lawsuit to eliminate SMH from this NG.

Tim K

"smh" wrote in message
s.com...
Usual crap snipped-

Old January 3rd 04, 11:46 PM
Joe Hayes

How about eliminating both of you, so we can all get some peace and quiet
this new year.

"Tim Kroesen" wrote in message
I propose a class action lawsuit to eliminate SMH from this NG.

Tim K

"smh" wrote in message
s.com...
Usual crap snipped-

Old January 4th 04, 01:53 AM
Mike Fields

You can't do that ... SMH has no class ...

It is like watching a couple of spoiled little brats in
the sandbox. Sigh ... maybe next year this group
will make sense - I was hoping 2004 would be it.

--
Mike "mikey" Fields
http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

"Tim Kroesen" wrote in message
I propose a class action lawsuit to eliminate SMH from this NG.

Tim K

"smh" wrote in message
s.com...
Usual crap snipped-

Old January 4th 04, 02:14 AM
311 East

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:17:56 -0500, "Tim Kroesen"
wrote:

I propose a class action lawsuit to eliminate SMH from this NG.

Man I wish we could elimate you as well.
Old January 4th 04, 02:19 AM

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:46:38 -0500, "Joe Hayes"
wrote:

How about eliminating both of you, so we can all get some peace and quiet
this new year.

Because the old cliche about not bugging the psycho and he'll get
tired of posting doesnt work. He's a 100% bonafide freaking brain
fried nut. It doesnt matter if you ignore him or not. He has 24 hours
a day in the outpatient home or his uncle's basement where he lives ,
to spam the groups 24/7. When people dont respond to him , I've
noticed newbies actually start believing his crap cause they dont know
he is a hopelessly insane, Koo Koo for CoCo Puffs, paranoid
psychotic.

Old January 4th 04, 02:21 AM
Tim Kroesen

Feel free; I don't believe you've ever offered me a thing save this
troll. How could this be a losing proposition for me?

Now back to your peace and quiet Please.

Tim K

Old January 4th 04, 11:47 PM
willbill

Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:17:56 -0500, "Tim Kroesen" wrote:

I propose a class action lawsuit to eliminate SMH from this NG.

i "2nd" that!

(given that i'm late to respond, i'm probably #57)

bill
Old January 5th 04, 05:52 AM
Tim Kroesen

Watta you know; Two more trolls who've never offered a thing here...

Zat you Sammy...g

Tim K

Old January 9th 04, 12:54 AM
JD Ross

It's strange....I've been using Easy CD Creator 6
for some time and did not have my pc dying on me...;-)
Though one Plextor CDRecorder died..
May be in your case that was the configuration
problem, rather than Roxio?

Jdr

s.com...

SpongeHead wrote:

How many computers have died or lost everything after installing Roxio
6? I work for a hardware tech support company and we support this
lousy ass product. I cant count how many times that this software
either just doesnt work or has completely erased a partition or just
plain ol' crashed everything.

As a test, we did an image on an xp os and installed Nero. We checked
the number of registry entries and was around 400. We did the same
image with Roxio 6 installed and was over 54,000 registry entries.
HOLY FREAKIN COW!!

Try and get support from Roxio and you either get the run around or
just stupid fixes that never work. And they charge you 35$ which you
could spend towards a working product like Nero.

I say we get a class action lawsuit to get this garbage off the
market!

Update on Athlon 2600 Ghz discrepancy David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 7 August 27th 04 08:56 PM
HDD Class Action Lawsuit PawsForThought General 4 December 18th 03 11:19 PM
Help: Backup Exec 9.0 backup on to Plextor DVD+RW via Roxio Jeff Ishaq Cdr 0 October 22nd 03 06:39 PM
ROXIO problems Paul Cdr 5 August 1st 03 06:08 PM
I want to use Nero, not Roxio Greg Bailey Cdr 0 July 16th 03 03:05 PM