Help centering output on HDTV via HDMI please.

Old December 23rd 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ward[_2_]

Default Help centering output on HDTV via HDMI please.

Hi.

I've got a new Vista PC with a NVIDIA 8500 GT card. It is hooked via
HDMI to my Samsung HL-S4266W DLP HDTV.

Things are good except that the screen image from the PC is not
centered on the screen. And I can not figure out how to center it.
NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust the size of the output,
but not the position of the output on the screen. My image is left of
center and leaves about 3/4" blank on the right side.

There are no controls to center the image via the HDTV setup area.

How can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Ward
Old December 23rd 07, 10:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andrew Bailey[_3_]

"Ward" wrote in message
Hi.

I've got a new Vista PC with a NVIDIA 8500 GT card. It is hooked via
HDMI to my Samsung HL-S4266W DLP HDTV.

Things are good except that the screen image from the PC is not
centered on the screen. And I can not figure out how to center it.
NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust the size of the output,
but not the position of the output on the screen. My image is left of
center and leaves about 3/4" blank on the right side.

There are no controls to center the image via the HDTV setup area.

How can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Ward

I know this sounds daft, but has your TV got a horizontal adjustment?

Andy

Old December 23rd 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ward[_2_]

On Dec 23, 3:36 am, "Andrew Bailey" wrote:
"Ward" wrote in message

Hi.

I've got a new Vista PC with a NVIDIA 8500 GT card. It is hooked via
HDMI to my Samsung HL-S4266W DLP HDTV.

Things are good except that the screen image from the PC is not
centered on the screen. And I can not figure out how to center it.
NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust the size of the output,
but not the position of the output on the screen. My image is left of
center and leaves about 3/4" blank on the right side.

There are no controls to center the image via the HDTV setup area.

How can this be corrected?

Thanks!

Ward

I know this sounds daft, but has your TV got a horizontal adjustment?

Andy

It does, but only if you have hooked up the pc to the tv via vga
cable. The option is no longer available if you have it hooked up via
hdmi.
Old December 24th 07, 09:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

Ward wrote:
Hi.

I've got a new Vista PC with a NVIDIA 8500 GT card. It is hooked via
HDMI to my Samsung HL-S4266W DLP HDTV.

Things are good except that the screen image from the PC is not
centered on the screen. And I can not figure out how to center it.
NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust the size of the output,
but not the position of the output on the screen. My image is left of
center and leaves about 3/4" blank on the right side.

There are no controls to center the image via the HDTV setup area.

How can this be corrected?

Might be a daft question and not relevant but I also have a Sammy 42"
(slightly different model) and as long as I set the resolution correctly
to suit the TV (1280x720) I get full screen with no need to centre.
What resolution do you have it set to?

(Note that my Sammy however does have a VGA input for PC's which is great)
Old December 24th 07, 03:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
wardhawg

On Dec 24, 2:37 am, Shawk wrote:
Ward wrote:
[...]

I have the res in the computer set via the NVIDIA control panel to
1280 x 720. It very confusing that it will not center on the display.

Today in fact I was just reading in the Samsung owners manual. It
says quote: "You can not connect this TV to a PC via HDMI/DVI."

I've thought about just hooking the two together again with the VGA
cable. I *know* that works, but I really want the digital image
provided with the HDMI cable.

Does anyone know if the firmware/software in the Samsung DLP TVs is
upgradeable?
Old December 25th 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

wardhawg wrote:
On Dec 24, 2:37 am, Shawk wrote:
Ward wrote:
[...]

Can't answer your question but it might be better asked in a TV forum or
newsgroup.

The AV Forums were decent IIRC when I was trying to decide which screen
to buy...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

HTH