CD burning problem

Old August 21st 06, 10:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Petaman

Default CD burning problem

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 Series PC with a 48x DVD/CDRW Drive and
Sonic Record Now Version 6 DVD/CD burning Software. I mainly need to
burn photo images to CD and initially had few problems but now am
totally unable to burn photos onto any new disks. I have tried a
variety of makes and both CDR and CDRW disks but with no success. When
I try to access disk from My Computer (even before burning) the message
"D:\is not accessible. Incorrect function" is displayed. Sometimes it
appears that burning has been completed successfully but I'm still
unable to access anything on the CD either on my PC or any other
computer.

Thank you for any assistance you can give

Old August 22nd 06, 04:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Petaman wrote:

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 Series PC with a 48x DVD/CDRW Drive and
Sonic Record Now Version 6 DVD/CD burning Software. I mainly need to
burn photo images to CD and initially had few problems but now am
totally unable to burn photos onto any new disks. I have tried a
variety of makes and both CDR and CDRW disks but with no success. When
I try to access disk from My Computer (even before burning) the message
"D:\is not accessible. Incorrect function" is displayed. Sometimes it
appears that burning has been completed successfully but I'm still
unable to access anything on the CD either on my PC or any other
computer.

Uninstall RecordNow, and delete Upper/Lower-Filters in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Reinstall RecordNow. Check for update at Dell. Check also for firmware
update. Temporarily disable anti-virus and internet security softwares.

If you are on Winxp, disable IMAPI:
Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, double-click "IMAPI CD
Burning", click Stop, then set "Startup type" as "Disabled".
..

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (UDF)

The slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been for YEARS
blaming the UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

UDF is a fragile format
UDF is an unreliable format

the format is very fragile and unreliable

The format is bad - it loses data

The fault is not with the software but with the format

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software

- but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
======================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Old August 24th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
RD

Petaman,
I know this sounds like it won't fix the problem as I had thought the
same thing but it works for whatever reason. Shutdown your PC.
Disconnect the power cables to your CD-/DVD drives. Start the PC so
that the computer does not see the drives. Shutdown again, re-plug
your power cables to the drives and then re-start the PC.

I had the exact problem you described and I could then burn and my new
blank media was recognized. Let me know if this works for you.

RD