Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 hype?

Old June 23rd 03, 01:53 AM
Neil

Default Vantec Aeroflow VA4-C7040 hype?

Yeah shows the speeds of both fans in bios and MBM5, also both cpu temps and
voltage's excetera.
Was a little tricky cutting, lost my mini hacksaw so used my full size, was
a little harry at times, but got it cut.

A cool thing I noticed on the dually ...when running prime 95 it uses 2
cpu's and the total though varies between the cpu's as per usage always adds
up to 99% between the two readings.

My temps though at stock speed and voltage... are the same as retail hsf
that came with my 2100+ (formerly know as xp's and now seen as MP's).

Board is an Asus a7m266-d so temp readings would be high, on par with asus
of recent years. All in all only see about 2 degrees change for the better,
though had laped retail sinks and was using AS3 on both setups. Was kinda
hoping for better results in the temps ... noise of the tdm's are different
than the retail sink fans, can still be heard though not as annoying.

Case I have it in is a $45 cheapy (power supply included), not sure it has a
name :P. One exhaust fan on the top that has a cover that closes when not in
use, fan sits on a 45 degree angle with the door hiding it when open from
the front like. One exhaust fan on power supply so is not a noisey system.

Neil
http://members.rogers.com/nasrott

"Ed Light" wrote in message
Well choped the hsf today will install the 2 on the dually this weekend

Two - wow, what fun! Can you monitor the speeds of both?

Was it a bear to cut? My TI was.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old June 23rd 03, 03:57 AM
Ed Light

"Neil" wrote

My temps though at stock speed and voltage... are the same as retail hsf
that came with my 2100+ (formerly know as xp's and now seen as MP's).

Case I have it in is a $45 cheapy (power supply included), not sure it has

name :P. One exhaust fan on the top that has a cover that closes when not

in
use, fan sits on a 45 degree angle with the door hiding it when open from
the front like. One exhaust fan on power supply so is not a noisey system.

I would think that adding a quien rear fan would help alot. Seems like with
a top fan the hot air from the power supply would be pulled back in the rear
fan hole.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/