EPOX 8RDA+ Help Needed!

Old June 22nd 03, 07:21 PM
Jamie Wharton

Default EPOX 8RDA+ Help Needed!

Hi

I have just installed the motherboard and I think that Ram slots 2 & 3 may
be faulty.

I have two sticks of 512mb PC2100 DDR Ram that are working perfectly, they
came straight from a working system this morning. They are in with an
AthlonXP2400+.

When I boot up my 8RDA+ with just one stick in DDR DIMM slot 1 things work
fine and my PC boots up.

However, if I try and boot up with either stick in DDR DIMM slot 2 or 3 on
its own then I get a 'C1' error on the motherboard display and the PC
refuses to boot up.

If I try and boot up with a stick in DDR DIMM slot 1 and then a second stick
in DDR DIMM slot 2 or 3 I again get a 'C1' error and the PC doesn't boot up.

I know the 'C1' error refers to memory not being inserted correctly but the
sticks are inserted firmly and the clips in place.

So essentially, the Ram is fine as long as I only use DIMM 1...but obviously
this prevents me using the other slots and I have had to take some Ram out
to send this email!

I have not altered any BIOS settings (apart from changing the FSB to the
correct 133), this is how it worked out of the box.

Do you think this sounds like it's knackered?

Thanks

Jamie

250 watt and ATX 2.1 needed to kep xp 2000 board running ? We Live for the One we Die for the One General 2 May 31st 04 02:38 PM
EPoX 8RDA boards Sorrow General 9 May 20th 04 02:44 AM
Help needed with SATA drive please !!! Andy Rose General 6 May 5th 04 11:03 AM
Epox KT 600 and voltage problem Kocureq General 0 March 17th 04 12:39 PM
Advice Needed Compaq XP3000 or Dell P4-2.66? JeffLaw General 0 January 23rd 04 04:44 PM