Quick Task Bar

Old August 1st 03, 08:36 PM
HH

Default Quick Task Bar

Can he cut/paste it?

HH

"Jack H" wrote in message
k.net...
A friend without an internet connection, has a Compaq model 5304. He is
unable to drag an shortcut icon to the quick task bar(beside the start
button) The vertical bar beside the start can not be moved to provide

space
for a new icon. If he tries to drag an icon to the bar it will not accept
it.

Old August 2nd 03, 12:52 PM
Jack H

HH, I don't know how to cut & paste to the quick task bar. Please explain.

"HH" wrote in message
Can he cut/paste it?

HH

Old August 2nd 03, 06:14 PM
HH

First, Makr sure the Taskbar is unlocked by right clicking on it and uncheck
the Lock the Taskbar entry.
Then just right click on the shortcut and select cut. Then right click on an
open area of the Quicklaunch area and select Paste from the menu.
HH

"Jack H" wrote in message
nk.net...
HH, I don't know how to cut & paste to the quick task bar. Please explain.

"HH" wrote in message
Can he cut/paste it?

HH

Old August 3rd 03, 01:15 PM
Jack H

Thanks HH. I will try your instructions tomorrow, will post back if they do
not work.

"HH" wrote in message
First, Makr sure the Taskbar is unlocked by right clicking on it and

uncheck
the Lock the Taskbar entry.
Then just right click on the shortcut and select cut. Then right click on

an
open area of the Quicklaunch area and select Paste from the menu.
HH

"Jack H" wrote in message
nk.net...
HH, I don't know how to cut & paste to the quick task bar. Please

explain.

"HH" wrote in message
Can he cut/paste it?

HH

Old August 3rd 03, 04:16 PM
Jack H

HH, I have 1 computer with WinXP, which has a "Lock Toolbar", entry. My
other computer has WIN ME installed. ME does not have a lock tool bar
function.
At the moment I can't check a WIN 98 to see if it has the lock entry. I
don't believe it will because it is an older operating system than Win ME.
With Win ME, the vertical separater next to the Start Button can be moved to
the right and the desired icon can be drug to the taskbar.

ink.net...

"HH" wrote in message
First, Makr sure the Taskbar is unlocked by right clicking on it and

uncheck
the Lock the Taskbar entry.
Then just right click on the shortcut and select cut. Then right click

on
an
open area of the Quicklaunch area and select Paste from the menu.
HH

"Jack H" wrote in message
nk.net...
HH, I don't know how to cut & paste to the quick task bar. Please

explain.

"HH" wrote in message
Can he cut/paste it?

HH