Plextor 708A CD-TEXT problem

Old May 8th 04, 09:32 PM
smh

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Howard Kaikow wrote:

Why the hell cant anyone produce reliable packet writing software
(and I dont mean the flaws in the format) but the software itself?

The problem is not the format, it is the inept implementation of the
standards.

Mike Richter on Packet Writing Format (vii)

"the fault is not with the software but with the format"

( Graham Mayor (MS MVP) not only swallowed the above cockamamie )
( hook, line and sinker, but actively spreads the garbage! )

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin Scum)
Date: 5/7/03

You appear to be writing fixed-length packets, recognized to be by
far the least reliable and most fragile format available for CD.

In fact, I use erasable media only for test; they tend to be
forgetful. However, written in packets they're worse than merely
unreliable for some files; they are likely to cost you the whole
disc.

The issue is not the software but the format.
======================

After blaming all the DirectCD bugs on the faulty "format", the Slimy
Scum spewed these:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Subject: Keeping Old Data Disks Readable
Date: 2/28/04

Fixed-length packets create the least reliable, most fragile
format available for writing CDs.

However, they can still be read
if written to the standard (as DCD always has).
======================

Wow! The faulty "format" is no problem after all!

Wonder whatever happened to all those DirectCD bugs Mikey weaseled out
with "the least reliable and most fragile format" cockamamie, like this
one:

==============================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 12/15/01
Subject: Files Disappeared From CDRW DIsc.......

Suddenly i find myself among those who are having BIG problems
with Roxios crappy software, after a reasonable amount of small
problems with it, i insert a cdrw with files on it (jpegs) and
tried to burn a few more onto it only to find Roxio software
thinks it is either, corrupted, unrecognized data or need
formatting(?)

only one file remains on the disc, the others are GONE.

My guess is that you used DCD and you have now joined
the crowd of users who have learned that

fixed-length packets are the least reliable and
most fragile format you can write to CD.

Incidentally, the fault is not with the software but with
the format and the medium.
==============================

Wonder why the disappeared data could not be read then ???!!!

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------

--------------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Subject: Direct Cd problem
Date: 7/3/02

I was using Direct Cd to load files on a cd when it burped.
Now the cd can't be read by the program or windows.

My guess is that you were writing fixed-length packets

That is the least reliable and most fragile format available
for CD writing.
======================

Wonder why the cd made by DirectCD could not be read then ???!!!

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------

--------------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 5/7/03

I have been a user of Dell computers and Roxio Direct CD
In all fairness to Dell, I believe the main culprit here is Roxio.

5. I put in a previously formatted cd to be written on, one that
has previously written data, and the Direct CD sreen comes on,
saying the cd is blank.

You appear to be writing fixed-length packets, recognized to be
by far the least reliable and most fragile format available for CD.

The issue is not the software but the format.

Wonder what's there to read from a blank cd ???!!!

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 11:33 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM