NeroVision Express is a SCAM!!!

Old January 21st 04, 03:35 AM
Old Nick

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:16:04 -0000, "DNA"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

As an Aussie, I felt the need to respond out of shame at what was
being represented as a Aussie way of thought.

Sadly, what was said about the wiping out of the Tasmanian aboriginals
is true, but it is nothing to gloat about, except by morons and
sadists.

Well said!!

"Old Nick" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:30:28 +1100, "tom" vaguely

************************************************** ** sorry

I was frightened by the idea of a conspiracy that was
causing it all.
But then I was terrified that maybe there was no plan,
really. Is this unpleasant mess all a mistake?
Old January 22nd 04, 02:14 PM
Silence Seeker

"Trev" wrote in message ...
That looks just like a DV file with a .avi extension And I see no reason
why Nero can not create a Mpeg DVD from it. Or for that Matter Studio 8
Which you presumably have.
Does Nero ship with the MPEG 2 add on. Or are you only able to make
VCD's.
Can you burn from Studio 8.

And... you are absolutely right!
I managed to produce my first mini-DVD from the same exact AVI, using
NeroVision Express following the same exact steps as I did before -
which shows that the problem cannot possibly lie in the AVI...

What I did I do differently? Simple - I logged on as Administrator.
(did I mention earlier that I am using Windows 2000 Professional?)

So, certainly this is something wrong in the softwa

First, the error message is misleading (couldn't it just say: "access
(to such and such file/directory/registry) denied"???).

Second, after so many years that the concept of Administrator vs.
Restricted User exists in Windows, I expect every product that claims
W2K/WXP compatibility to install in such a way that it is available to
ALL users of the computer. Unless the product comes with "user rights
management" utility (like the one that comes with Nero Burning ROM).

I am posting this here for the benefit of all, so that others who may
experience this problem, can find the solution via Google Groups (yes,
even that OP who seems to be very rude).

Sam
Old January 24th 04, 12:35 PM
Hambone

(Mohammed Al Sulfair) wrote in message . com...
I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair

I had exactly the same problem, and tracked it down to a hardware
fault. I was running a 2.1 GHz Athlon, running FSB133 MHz and the
program would stop with precisely this error message. I noticed this
would occur at a randomly different point in the transcoding
preparation operation each time I tried. The random nature suggested a
hardware fault, not a software one.

What I did was to reduce my FSB to 100 Mhz in the BIOS, and while this
slowed the operation down, it nontheless performed the transcode
properly. (Being an overnight job anyway, I didnt care about speed). I
then replaced the DDR266 memory with DDR333 (overspec for the FSB) and
wound up the FSB back to 133 MHz and the same operation worked
flawlessly again.

What is intriguing about this is that my system had performed
seemingly flawlessly using every other bit of software that I have
thrown at it. I can only figure that the Nero recode floating point
number crunchers must really stress the CPU and memory out, and if it
aint up to scratch then the DVD transcode operation is sure to find a
fault.

I've since replaced my Athlon system with a P4 3.0 Ghz setup and had
no problems since. Cheap or borderline memory on Athlon systems is
just a nogo...
Old January 24th 04, 04:47 PM
Alan Shepherd

Have you got Cas 2.5 Ram running at Cas 2 BTW?

Eaxctly the type of symptom seen with branded Cas 2.5 Ram run at Cas2.

Old January 25th 04, 04:40 AM
Roon

"Erika" wrote in message
Also I am not trying any peculiar AVI codec such XVID or DivX, only
the one from generated by my Studio DV software.

Any idea other than trying this TMPGenc that everyone seems to
recommend?

The first thing you should do is try a normal uncompressed AVI. Just a

small
sample to see if it works. It is possible that this is caused by a codec
issue. If it chokes on uncompressed RGB, then Nero stinks, but if it
doesn't, at least you can start a process of elimination to figure out
what's going on. Maybe it's not the video, that's the problem. Could it be
that the audio is bad or the wrong specs? DVD needs 48000hz audio, and

maybe
Nero doesn't like to re-compress if it's 44.100 or 32.000? I am just
guessing here, hoping that some of this might be helpful.

Seems I posted this in the wrong place beforehand, here goes again,

re error "Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:

Old January 25th 04, 09:20 PM
Tom Smith

It is a bunch of crap. The dumb app re-encodes everthing, regardless
what format it's in.

I've taken fully compliant MPEG2 and MPEG1 files that work perfectly
fine in other apps, and Nero STILL wants to re-encode the files. And
I too have gotten the exact same error message of the transcoding of
videos that I know are 100% compliant.

I emailed Nero a while back about why Nero must re-encode everything
and got some BS answer. Maybe if they offered users the same option
they offer them in "Burning Rom", and allow us to turn off any
compliance issue they think we have, it wouldn't be such a worthless
app. But I'm not going to sit around and wait for it to re-encode
MPEGs that I know will work right away in a number of other apps.

It's a crap app. Stick with the Burning Rom portion of the program,
but avoid Vision Express if you want to make simple VCD/SVCD or DVD's.

So stop flaiming this guy people, he's not the only one who's had
problems with the program.

Old January 26th 04, 04:06 PM
Brian K

FYI : They don't use towels, they use those red checked table cloths
from Italian Restaurants in Little Italy NYC. As Donatella Versacce
would say, "Now, Get OUT!!!"

On 01/25/2004 5:59 PM tom, made frenium gestures and then wrote:

Yeah but he's a towelhead.

.. .

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
PCI Express and AMDs - from PC stats [email protected] General 0 September 9th 04 03:34 PM
$1000 to spend on a new computer Azaran2003 General 13 August 29th 04 01:07 AM
PCI Express motherboards, how soon? Mike Harrison Homebuilt PC's 0 April 21st 04 08:14 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM