Recording CD's on JVC

Old December 7th 03, 07:40 PM
Sirocco

Default Recording CD's on JVC

I just bought a JVC CD burner to hook up to my stereo, and it works,
basically. The really ironic and annoying problem is that when I play a
freshly recorded CD back on a different JVC CD player, a separate stereo
component I bought about 5 years ago (both are JVC, mind you) it only plays
back the tracks I recorded from another CD, and not the tracks I copied from
my record player, cassettes or radio (i.e. it doesn't play back the tracks
where the source is analog). HOWEVER, all (yes, all) the tracks play back
successfully on another CD player I have and also in my PC CD player (plus,
of course, in the same unit that made the CD) - all of which are newer
(purchased within the last 2 years). Now, how do you explain that a JVC
piece of equipment won't play back a CD made on another piece of JVC
equipment? I wouldn't expect this incompatibility! This is annoying
because my master plan is to play back the CD's I intend to record on the
JVC CD player I already had, since it's already a basic component of my
beloved stereo, and can hold 6 CD's at a time. Re the described
incompatibility: do some of the earlier CD players (made 5 years ago or
more) have problems playing back "home made" CD's, especially if the source
is analog? If this is the case, the problem isn't my new JVC CD recorder
(which I prefer over something that involves "the computer", and does seem
to work just fine except for this incompatibility), but the 5 year old JVC
multi-CD player I have, which might presumeably use out-of-date technology,
even though I still consider it to be contemporary in every way. Any
comments would be greatly appreciated.

Old December 9th 03, 04:40 AM
Robert Hancock

The source being analog or digital should make no difference - are you sure
it's not just a problem reading the earlier or the later tracks on the disc?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

Old December 9th 03, 06:27 AM
Sirocco

That makes no difference. New development: I made a copy of the copy, and
the tracks that didn't play before (the analog tracks) on 1st gen copy DID
play on the 2nd gen copy! Is that goofy or what? I think I'll just have to
return it and rethink my strategy.

Thanks!