Need cables for ATEN CS104 4-port KVM

Old December 1st 18, 11:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Need cables for ATEN CS104 4-port KVM

Damned if I can find what I need.
Normal VGA's won't do.
Mouse and keyboard are PS2.
Anyone?
Thanks
Al
Old December 2nd 18, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 02:24:36 +0200, tumppiw wrote:

kirjoitti 2.12.2018 klo 0.55:
Damned if I can find what I need.
Normal VGA's won't do.
Mouse and keyboard are PS2.
Anyone?
Thanks
Al

Sorry, can't do. PS/2 Mouse and KB not possible.. (and VGA need's
male-female cable)..

Hmmm
Then why would they make such a thing as this Aten cd-104? As I see
it, the VGA cable connecting a VGA monitor to the KVM would have to be
male to male. And the VGA cable connecting the KVM to computer would
have to be female to male. And the mouse connecting cable from
user-mouse to computer PS/2 would have to be male to male. Maybe I'm
wrong, but that's how it appears to this geezer. I've been wrong
before. Thanks anyway
Al
Old December 2nd 18, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

kirjoitti 2.12.2018 klo 0.55:
Damned if I can find what I need.
Normal VGA's won't do.
Mouse and keyboard are PS2.
Anyone?
Thanks
Al

Sorry, can't do. PS/2 Mouse and KB not possible.. (and VGA need's
male-female cable)..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PC-Comput...86da56d0ebd3f3

???

Al
Old December 2nd 18, 02:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

On 12/1/2018 5:55 PM, wrote:
Damned if I can find what I need.
Normal VGA's won't do.
Mouse and keyboard are PS2.
Anyone?
Thanks
Al

Some of them he

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/ATEN-KVM-Ca.../bn_7030198380

and I suspect that some serious searching will turn up some outside the UK.
Otherwise, sometimes overseas vendors are willing to ship internationally
although many don't like the hassle. I've bought equipment from England and
Germany in the past.
Old December 2nd 18, 12:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sat, 01 Dec 2018 20:12:49 -0500, Paul

Damned if I can find what I need.
Normal VGA's won't do.
Mouse and keyboard are PS2.
Anyone?
Thanks
Al

What happened to the cables you were using up to this date ???

You did have a working KVM a while back I believe.

If I'd known you were this devoid of materials,
I would have sent you off to buy a new KVM. As
it would be easier than scrounging up obscure items
to make it work.

What if the KVM itself isn't working, after you've
gone to all this trouble ?

You gave the impression before, you had everything
but a power brick, and so we tried to find a power
solution for you. But if everything is missing,
it's getting perilously close to "buy a new kit
with everything included".

Paul

Ur right.
Actually what has happened is this. A while back, my IOGEAR GCS1774
USB2 4-port Miniview Symphony VGA KVME stopped working, so I have
been pretty-well restricted to one PC. Then I found this ATEN CS-104
VGA KVM in my spoils bucket, and thought to see if it works. The
first thing I had to do was get a compatible power adapter, which I
did. I found that the KVM at least fires up, and its CPU-selection
button seems to work fine.

That brings me to the point of trying to hook it up to my PCs. Hence
I need cables. That's when I have found that my cables don't match
up, gender-wise. Looks like the monitor VGA cables must be male-male
in and male-female out, and the PS2 mouse/keyboard cables, male-male.
To me, anyway. Seems odd for sure.

I think the cables I found, and cited yesterday, will connect right. I
do wonder tho, if said VGA cables will work with this KVM. I say that
because normal VGA cables will not work with the IOGEAR KVM, and its
manual says so, explicitly. Seems the VGA pins are slightly
different - and so I can't be too quick.

BTW, a KVM package, with cables et all, is quite expensive. So
because I am Scottish (not really), I embarked on this folly.

What to do, what to do.
Happy gobble gobble.
Al

Old December 2nd 18, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Sun, 02 Dec 2018 06:07:15 -0500, wrote:

[...]

I have done some looking for cables for my ATEN KVM. I think I will
need:
1) to connect inputs to KVM:
monitor - VGA cable, KVM monitor end male to KVM end male
mouse - PS/2 mouse to KVM end male PS/2
keyboard - PS/2 keyboard to KVM male PS/2
2) to connect KVM to each CPU:
monitor - CPU end, VGA male to KVM end female VGA
mouse - KVM CPU PS/2 male to PS2 mouse
keyboard - KVM CPU PS/2 male to PS2 keyboard

agree???

Thanks
Al