Bluetooth Earbuds

Old October 12th 18, 07:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
tb

Default Bluetooth Earbuds

I am technologically challenged, so...

Does anyone know if wireless earbuds such as this one:
https://www.pcmag.com/review/359434/rha-ma650-wireless
can be used on a tablet (equipped with Bluetooth) to _place_ video chat
calls with Skype over the Internet?

All wireless earbuds advertize their capability to answer inbound phone
calls received on smartphones but none of them say anything about
tablets. In my case I'd like to use something similar to the above
earbuds with Skype (installed on a tablet equipped with Bluetooth) for
inbound/outbound video chats with people.

--
tb
Old October 12th 18, 09:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

tb wrote:
I am technologically challenged, so...

Does anyone know if wireless earbuds such as this one:
https://www.pcmag.com/review/359434/rha-ma650-wireless
can be used on a tablet (equipped with Bluetooth) to _place_ video chat
calls with Skype over the Internet?

All wireless earbuds advertize their capability to answer inbound phone
calls received on smartphones but none of them say anything about
tablets. In my case I'd like to use something similar to the above
earbuds with Skype (installed on a tablet equipped with Bluetooth) for
inbound/outbound video chats with people.

Your "review" article, didn't try and use them.
That is hardly a review.

The "thing" has a call progress button, and that
means software is involved. If there is no visual indicator
on the device itself, it means your computer has to provide
visual feedback of the device state.

(I have a policy on hardware - no pre-purchase user manual, no deal.)

https://www.rha-audio.com/ca/product...ma650-wireless

Sweatproof & water resistant IPX4; at home in the gym or outdoors
SecureFlex silicone band for adaptable comfort and durability
Power all-day with 12hrs playback
aptX and AAC codecs for CD-like, high quality audio

Google Assistant, === Android ???
Siri and === iPhone ???
Cortana control === Windows (are Cortana/Skype integrated???)

Three year warranty

You need a real review, where a human actually uses them and
we see screenshots of software responding.

*******

The way things work in Bluetooth, is everything has a "profile".
Cheesy audio is carried by "A2DP" profile. It's one of the most
common profiles going.

The aptX profile was invented after A2DP, and uses compression
too. The marketing people intend this for "Hifi" applications.
The Skype call won't use that.

The Call Progress button would have its own profile. As
the button is not part of an audio stream, so doesn't "piggyback"
off audio transport. We'd need to know whether this is a
strong standard, or merely "transports button presses
and leaves the rest to the imagination". How standardized it is,
determine how risk-free our purchase is.

*******

Let's take a competitor product. It has a manual. Page 6.

https://www.au.denon.com/au/product/...WEB_IM_v00.pdf

Incoming call detected Answer Press call button once

In standby Redial Press call button for approx. 1 sec.
mode / during
audio playback Voice dial / Press call button one time
voiceactivated call

Call in progress End call Press call button one time
Mute on/off Press call button two times

* the connected Bluetooth device must support either
HSP (Headset Profile) or HFP (Hands-Free Profile), and
must also support A2DP.

Then you can Google on "skype hsp hfp" and see
what the cat dragged in.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-af614c7ce142

I am technologically challenged too.
(Not a big fan of Bluetooth.)

HTH,
Paul

Do they make earbuds that can be played louder than normal ones? Seymore4Head Homebuilt PC's 4 January 12th 17 10:18 AM
USB Bluetooth Des[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 7 February 16th 12 09:31 PM
Dell Inspiron 9400 Bluetooth - Motorola Razor v3 Cell Phone - Bluetooth [email protected] Dell Computers 4 July 26th 06 05:43 AM
Bluetooth Bluetoothguy Homebuilt PC's 0 May 21st 06 07:33 PM
DIY Bluetooth Veritech General 6 March 11th 05 03:13 PM