SATA 3 motherboards

Old July 30th 12, 09:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Brian K[_3_]

Default SATA 3 motherboards

Does Dell make any computers with these motherboards? The computers I looked
at mentioned SATA 3.0 and a Dell rep mistakenly told me that it meant SATA
3.

Old July 30th 12, 10:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mark F[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:47:05 +1000, "Brian K"
wrote:

Does Dell make any computers with these motherboards? The computers I looked
at mentioned SATA 3.0 and a Dell rep mistakenly told me that it meant SATA
3.

Are you looking for a brand? (for example "SATA 3" as contrasted
with "Asus" or "Gigabyte")

Are you looking for a model? (for example "Companyxx SATA 3" as
contrasted with "Asus P9x79")

Are you looking for a feature? (for example support for "SATA III",
which might be called "SATA 3".) In this case most any motherboard
manufacturer has a bunch.

As you confused with "USB 3.0"? (which is another data transmission
method of about 6 gigabits/second)

Are you confused with PCI Express 3.0? (also known as PCIe 3)

Are you asking about Thunderbolt? (which is another data transmission
method, developed by Intel with codename "Light Peak".)
Old July 30th 12, 11:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Brian K[_3_]

wrote:

Are you looking for a feature? (for example support for "SATA III",
which might be called "SATA 3".) In this case most any motherboard
manufacturer has a bunch.

I was looking for a Dell computer that supported SATA III.

Old July 31st 12, 09:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Brian K[_3_]

I assume the answer is "No".

But why not? SATA III has been around for a few years.

Old August 10th 12, 11:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mark F[_2_]

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 06:42:13 +1000, "Brian K"
wrote:

I assume the answer is "No".

But why not? SATA III has been around for a few years.

I'd expect that Optiplex 790 and Dell Precision T5600 and T7600
have support SATA III 6gb/s on the motherboard. They are sold with
SATA III drives, but the specs I saw didn't actually say that
the motherboard had 6gb/s support, so you'd have to check further
for real specs.
Old August 13th 12, 03:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Brian K[_3_]

"Mark F" wrote in message
news
I'd expect that Optiplex 790 and Dell Precision T5600 and T7600
have support SATA III 6gb/s on the motherboard. They are sold with
SATA III drives, but the specs I saw didn't actually say that
the motherboard had 6gb/s support, so you'd have to check further
for real specs.

That's what started this investigation. A friend recently bought a Dell
Precision T5600 with a SATA III SSD. The motherboard is SATA II. I contacted
Dell and found they don't have SATA III motherboards.