Firewire vs. USB2

Old December 6th 11, 06:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Default Firewire vs. USB2

My son wants to record music on his E510 pc. He's looking at amps that
come with firewire outputs, but I always thought that USB2 is just about a
'fast' as firewire. He tells me the advertising says firewire is faster.

The E510 doesn't have a firewire input, but it does, of course, have USB2
inputs.

What's the story?

TIA
Old December 6th 11, 07:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Brian K[_3_]

Boris,

See Post #98

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=234958&page=4

Old December 6th 11, 01:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:47:51 +0000 (UTC), Boris
wrote:

My son wants to record music on his E510 pc. He's looking at amps that
come with firewire outputs, but I always thought that USB2 is just about a
'fast' as firewire. He tells me the advertising says firewire is faster.

The E510 doesn't have a firewire input, but it does, of course, have USB2
inputs.

What's the story?

TIA

Firewire is faster according to what I've ever read tho I never tried
to test it myself. Off topic... USB3 is supposed to be faster than
current firewire but doesn't seem popular yet.
Old December 6th 11, 01:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

Old December 6th 11, 02:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

"Brian K" wrote in news:hjjDq.6760$NR2.2246
@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com:

Boris,

See Post #98

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=234958&page=4

Thanks. I'll pass this on.
Old December 6th 11, 09:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

"Brian K" wrote in message
ond.com...
Boris,

See Post #98

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=234958&page=4

Can one put a firewire card in a PCI slot in the E510?

Old December 6th 11, 09:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche[_2_]

wrote:

My son wants to record music on his E510 pc. He's looking at amps that
come with firewire outputs, but I always thought that USB2 is just about a
'fast' as firewire. He tells me the advertising says firewire is faster.

The E510 doesn't have a firewire input, but it does, of course, have USB2
inputs.

What's the story?

TIA

Firewire is faster according to what I've ever read tho I never tried
to test it myself. Off topic... USB3 is supposed to be faster than
current firewire but doesn't seem popular yet.

On a video production forum I post on, there is talk of new dells having
problems with USB3. They were saying to buy new
Dells with USB2 and add the USB3 yourself. Dell's USB3s don't work that
well.

Old December 6th 11, 10:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Old December 6th 11, 10:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_6_]

"Von Fourche" wrote in
m:

"Brian K" wrote in message
ond.com...
Boris,

See Post #98

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showt...=234958&page=4

Can one put a firewire card in a PCI slot in the E510?

My son ordered this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S53IG8