Monitor Problem (LG Flatron 795FT Plus)

Old September 26th 04, 01:59 AM
Chris Martin

Default Monitor Problem (LG Flatron 795FT Plus)

I have a Flatron 795FT Plus (it's a 17" flat screen (screen not panel) with
a 4 port USB hub on the back of it.)

Ok the problem: A while back it started turning off and then coming back on
again. Thereis no pattern that I can discern from when it happens. I
finally got annoyed enough that I stuck an old monitor on this computer
instead and I have been using it (It's horrible, color is bad, hurts my
eyes, etc). So I'd like to get my old monitor working again since it's a
wonderful display.

Recently I upgraded 85% of the hardware in this computer (fuzzy logic
insert: at what point does the computer stop being the same computer it was
before and become a new computer). That upgrade included a new power
supply, so I decided to give the monitor a shot. Since getting behind this
computer is a pain I hooked it up to one of my other computers first, and
ran it for 4 hours continously. It ran fine, didn't so much as flicker.

Well, as you've probably guessed where this is going, I plugged it into this
computer and.. nothing. It has power because it would give me the amber on
the power button (the "I have no signal, but I do have power"). About 45
seconds later it gave a picture, if only for 20 seconds or so.

Anyone have any ideas?

The other computer I had it working on is a significantly less powerful
machine (p3 550 vs. amd xp 3200), power supply on the working one was most
likely a 250 - 300. This one is a 450. Graphics card on the working one is
a GeForce2, this one is a radeon 9700pro.

I'm trying to use another cable to connect them (it's one of those monitors
that has the removable video cables), to see if maybe there is a problem
with the cable), but I don't think that is it.

Both computers are running same OS (winxp pro), both using default plug and
play driver's for the monitor.

Would video drivers cause an issue? Monitor drivers and video drivers are
different, but do they sometimes conflict?

At this point I believe it to be a hardware problem with the monitor, and I
would love any suggestions agreeing or disagreeing with that.

Thanks for reading the whole thing, I know it was long.

~Chris

Old September 26th 04, 02:43 AM
kony

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:59:31 -0400, "Chris Martin"
wrote:

snip

At this point I believe it to be a hardware problem with the monitor, and I
would love any suggestions agreeing or disagreeing with that.

Yes, seems to be monitor hardware problem.
Old September 26th 04, 12:11 PM
Chris Ballance

Hi,

From your post I am not sure how technical you are. If you have access
to an o'scope try looking at the signals in:
a) the moniter plug (Check syncs at right timing + Check levels and
sharpness.
b) where the moniter lead connects to the pcb. (If there is a dodgy
lead you will get an obviously degraded signal. Before I have trouble
with the H-Sync losing connection.
c) depending on how modern the moniter is any other obvious places.

If you come back to this newsgroup with the results of this it should
be quite easy to provide you with more precise tests to try.

-- Chris
Old September 26th 04, 12:12 PM
Ron Cook

Old December 11th 04, 10:01 AM
Aamir

helloo friends.
any one know how can i use ports on back of my monitor :?: :?:

Old December 11th 04, 12:04 PM
philo

"Aamir" wrote in message
helloo friends.
any one know how can i use ports on back of my monitor :?: :?:

the monitor is supposed to have a USB cable that plugs into
your machine. if you look at the underside (usually) of your monitor
you should see the USB receptacle

Old December 14th 04, 06:07 PM
Aamir

my question was how can i connect my usb devices with monitor instead
of cpu (back/front). i want to use the usb provided by the monitor.

Old December 14th 04, 06:22 PM
Jerry G.

I do never looked closely at the model you have. But, for any monitor with
USB ports in the front, you much connect a USB port from the rear of the
computer to the monitor USB input. The monitor should have a USB
distribution to its front, most likely a small USB hub built in.

What I do, is use a USB hub, and keep it forward in a convenient place that
gives everything up front. I did something similar to this with a firewire,
and a serial port as well.

--

Jerry G.
======

Old December 14th 04, 06:43 PM
Noozer

"Aamir" wrote in message
my question was how can i connect my usb devices with monitor instead
of cpu (back/front). i want to use the usb provided by the monitor.

You can't... The monitor is just a hub.

You need to plug the USB on the computer in to the USB of the monitor. Then
you can plug your USB devices into your monitor.

Old December 16th 04, 11:01 AM
Aamir

Thankx Guys :!: :!:
it worked...