A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Storage & Hardrives
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

HD replacement on Presario 6000

Old March 17th 13, 10:27 PM

First recorded activity by HardwareBanter: Mar 2013
Question HD replacement on Presario 6000

I know it may look like a stupid question, but here it is. I have a Compaq Presario 6030CA Desktop and I want to remove the hard drive from the casing in the computer. Now I've removed the side panel, power and data cable and the two screws holding it in place. Now the drive is free to move but I can't slide it out because something is holding it from sliding out. I've verified with my hands underneath the casing holding it in place but there is nothing I see or feel like a latch or a small tab that could keep it from sliding out??? Anyone had that problem before?...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!