OT I Suppose - best (cheapest) place for quality batteries

Old June 19th 04, 07:37 PM

Default OT I Suppose - best (cheapest) place for quality batteries

......of the domestic type, i.e. AA, AAA, DD etc.

Any ideas anyone,

Jez

Old June 19th 04, 07:45 PM
Colin Wilson

.....of the domestic type, i.e. AA, AAA, DD etc.
Any ideas anyone,

I tend to use 7dayshop, their returns service is usually OK (i`ve had my
money back on an item with no problems before), but I recently had a nimh
battery charger fail dangerously 2 months out of warranty.

I was quite disappointed with their attitude, despite me saying I was not
looking for a replacement under warranty, as it might have been something
worthy of a full-scale recall.

I contacted the manufacturer (HAMA), and despite a slow initial response,
they said they haven`t seen one fail in the way mine had (cracked casing
all around the step-down transformer, exposing live parts) but requested
that I return it so they can investigate. I got a new one in the post
today from them, despite not asking for one.

Old June 19th 04, 07:51 PM
Bob Eager

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:37:11 UTC, "A" wrote:

.....of the domestic type, i.e. AA, AAA, DD etc.

Isn't DD a bra size? Assume you mean C, D, etc...!

If you have a Costco near you (and know a member) they do bulk packs
pretty cheaply.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old June 19th 04, 09:10 PM
Johannes H Andersen

A wrote:

.....of the domestic type, i.e. AA, AAA, DD etc.

Any ideas anyone,

Jez

Halfords sell 30 alkaline AA for, ah let me think £6.99.
Old June 21st 04, 11:11 AM
Lordy

"A" wrote in :

.....of the domestic type, i.e. AA, AAA, DD etc.

Any ideas anyone,

Jez

Richer Sounds do 4 Duracell AA for a quid not much else though.

Lordy