HP Pavilion ZE5640EA

Old September 30th 08, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

Default HP Pavilion ZE5640EA

I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i
make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the
laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and the motherboard
startup. Can we do something like this in the laptops ?

Thansk.

Old October 1st 08, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:40:27 +0100, "Avelino Tavares"
wrote:

I have a laptop HP Pavilion ZE5640EA. The power button is crasehd. Can i
make some direct connection in the board ? Short some pins to power on the
laptop ? In desktop motherboards, we just join 2 pins and the motherboard
startup. Can we do something like this in the laptops ?

Thansk.

You'd have to solder wires to the contacts the power button
is soldered to, or trace back the circuit to solder the wire
elsewhere. There would be no reason for a power pin header
since nobody uses one AFAIK.

You'd probably be better off to just desolder the original
switch and solder on a new replacement switch (or if you
dont' have good soldering skills or equipment have someone
else do it). I have no idea what electronics houses are in
your part of the world so I can't advise on where to right
the correct replacement switch (besides the fact that I
don't know exactly what switch it is either).

HP Pavilion ZE5730US Kobi General 4 July 16th 05 03:15 AM
HP Pavilion JoeGlobal Homebuilt PC's 4 June 1st 05 11:44 PM
HP Pavilion Wildbill Asus Motherboards 2 February 2nd 04 12:07 PM
HP Pavilion Question Jack Bruss General 2 January 8th 04 08:02 PM
Should I buy the HP Pavilion A250Y BTO ? [email protected] General 10 June 27th 03 11:09 PM