Canon ip3000 weird problem... please help!

Old February 4th 07, 01:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Avalanche Kittie

Default Canon ip3000 weird problem... please help!

Hi, I've had a Canon ip3000 for a while now, has always worked fine -
but suddenly, I have a rather bizarre problem!

Suddenly the printer has started printing out in red only. If I set
the printer to Other Photo Paper (which is what I've always done) and
try to print at high quality onto several brands of generic good
quality matte paper, it prints out in red only - even if the start
image is greyscale, it will still come out only in red, no black even!

If I use the same paper, but print with it set to plain paper,
standard quality, I get black and red, but still no other colours. If
i use plain paper setting but set qualtiy to high, it goes back to red
only, no black.

My first thought was a blocked nozzle, so I did cleaning then deep
cleaning - no change. I then replaced the cyan cartridge, thinking if
it was printing red that'd be the obvious missing link - still no
change.

Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this? What can I
do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Harry

Old February 4th 07, 02:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Paul Heslop

Avalanche Kittie wrote:

[...]

It probably is still a blocked nozzle or two if you haven't changed
any settings. Occasionally it can take more than one or two cleaning
runs to get rid of bad clogs. I read somewhere that running the
cleaning cycle continuously is not good, so maybe run once then print
again etc for a few tries. Don't use your good paper, but use the
settings you would use for it but on a normal paper until hopefully it
kicks back in.

If the problem isn't resolved, there are also instructions around for
cleaning the print head with distilled water or other fluids, and I
think you can also buy cleaning cartridges for this model.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old February 4th 07, 04:49 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

Please run a nozzle check, with the printer set to normal quality on plain
paper, and report back.

oups.com...

Old February 4th 07, 06:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

It is not worth fixing when you can get a new Canon IP4300 (faster and
better photo quality) for around $80.00 on sale. It is on sale at Frys
and other stores frequently. The inks are also much improved to resist
fading.