Antec Power Supply

Old February 19th 04, 11:46 PM
Shogun

Default Antec Power Supply

Hello all of you

I have a question about a Power Supply what i'm gonna buy.
I want to buy the Antec True Power 480W True Blue (seems to be good for
overclocking) for my mainboard Asus A7N8X Deluxe where i a have an Athlon XP
3000+ installed.

But i have noticed that there seems to be two versions of these Antec's.

I found an interesting price at a Austrian website for the Antec Blue 480W
but saw a difference in price between that one and the Antec True 480, which
was cheaper then the Blue. But i knew from Dutch stores, that the True Blue
is more expensive then the True Power, so i did a search on other sites in
Germany and Austria and i discovered, that there are Antec True's and Antec
True Power's.

This is confusing, so i mailed with the retailer of the Austrian site, who
mailed me back with the answer that the difference the ampère's are. True
Power's do have more ampère. So now i am wondering if there are also two
version of the Blue.
Is there the ANTEC TRUE BLUE (TRUE POWER) 480W and the ANTEC TRUE BLUE
480W????

I can't find anything about this at the homepage of Antec, so maybe one of
you can give me that information, because I want to buy a True Blue with the
same capacities of the True Power.

TIA

Old February 20th 04, 12:10 AM
ICee

Shogun wrote:
[...]

http://www.antec-inc.com/specs/true480_spe.html

http://www.antec-inc.com/specs/trueblue480_spe.html

You'll find they have the same spec.

Old February 20th 04, 12:36 AM
Larry Gagnon

Shogun wrote:

This is confusing, so i mailed with the retailer of the Austrian site,
who mailed me back with the answer that the difference the ampère's
are. True Power's do have more ampère. So now i am wondering if there
are also two version of the Blue.
Is there the ANTEC TRUE BLUE (TRUE POWER) 480W and the ANTEC TRUE BLUE
480W????

Be careful they are not selling you a "Smart Blue" rather than "True
Blue". They are still a good PS, but not quite as up to spec.

Do you really need 480W BTW? I run a XP2500 overclocked to 3200,
CDDVDRW, 1 HD, 1 FD, FX5600 video, modem card, Audigy soundcard, with
an Abit NF7S motherboard from an Antec Smart Blue 350 PS with no
problems whatsover.

There is a tendency now days for the computer industry and overclockers
to try to make you believe you need very high powered PS's. This is not
true. Yes, if you have more than one processor but for the average
overclocker with 1 processor, and a few drives, a quality 350W PS is
more than ample.

Larry Gagnon , A+ certified tech.
Old February 20th 04, 08:01 AM
B I U

I will agree the Larry Gagnon says it.Depend on your hardware device to
connect the power supply unit.
"Larry Gagnon" ???
???...

Antec power supply DJS0302 General 8 August 26th 04 09:22 PM
Antec Sonata Power Supply Bob Schmidt General 0 June 17th 04 02:53 PM
help, please, with Compaq Presario power supply problem Jacques Clouseau General 6 June 9th 04 06:44 PM
power supply, or ...? ynotssor General 10 June 1st 04 01:19 AM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM