New Nvidia Driver 91.47 any good ????

Old September 2nd 06, 12:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigVoice

Default New Nvidia Driver 91.47 any good ????

Just noticed new nvidia driver 91.47 was released. Anyone has any
comment on this new driver when compared with the previous ones???

BigVoice
Old September 2nd 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Home Theatre Guy

2500% increase in speed in all games.

Old September 2nd 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SMC

My XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (AGP w/ dual DVI) hard crashes with driver
91.47_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe.

Works w/ (1) 1600x1200 monitor, but will crash with (2) attached. Tried on
several disk images ranging from basic to fully confg. WinXP sp2 system.

MikeMc

Old September 2nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
billyzoom

"BigVoice" wrote in message
Just noticed new nvidia driver 91.47 was released. Anyone has any
comment on this new driver when compared with the previous ones???

BigVoice

Just installed, crappy interface, dont know about performance yet.

P4 3.2
1gig pc3200
7800gs agp

Old September 3rd 06, 08:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigVoice

Just installed 91.47 driver. Performance seems the same the previous
9 series drivers. Score of 3DMark 06 almost the same as the previous
drivers.

BigVoice

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:33:29 GMT, "billyzoom"
wrote:

.. .

Old September 4th 06, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RaceFace

"billyzoom" wrote in message
Just installed, crappy interface, dont know about performance yet.

P4 3.2
1gig pc3200
7800gs agp

Yes, the new interface is truly craptastic. Good thing you still have the
option of using the classic interface. Why companies insist on changing
interfaces just to change interfaces is beyond me. There's certainly
nothing more user-friendly or intuitive about the new interface at all.

Otherwise, performance seems pretty good. They also allow you to enable
transparency antialiasing, which is a good thing.

RF.

Old September 5th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rayson

Unless your system is a newer one and using 7 series g/c, it is better to
stay put with 8x.xx drivers. Mine is crashing with system with constant HD
having problem running directx intensive game with lots of texture tearing.

Down back to 84.21, need to test it tonight.

"RaceFace" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

Old September 5th 06, 06:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RaceFace

"Rayson" wrote in message
Unless your system is a newer one and using 7 series g/c, it is better to
stay put with 8x.xx drivers. Mine is crashing with system with constant HD
having problem running directx intensive game with lots of texture
tearing.

Down back to 84.21, need to test it tonight.

I have a 6800GT, and I've had zero problems with the 91.47's so far, and the
6800GT does support the transparent AA apparently - so for me, it's worth
trying the newer drivers. I'd been using the 84.25's until recently, when I
tried the 91.36's. Those worked fine as well.

Crashing with HD use seems to be an odd problem to be caused solely by a
graphics card driver, to me.

Texture tearing, in what regard? The same sort of tearing you get from
having vsync disabled, or something more widespread?

What card did you have before the 6600? Did you use DriverCleaner to erase
all traces of the old drivers before installing the new ones? I've gotten
into the habit of doing that every time I switch drivers, and if you changed
cards, that's an absolute must because stuff related to the old card will
hang around, even if you uninstall the drivers via the Control Panel.

RF.

Old September 7th 06, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rayson

The end results is here, the working is at 78.11 with no more texture
corruption. I can figure out why, I also post a new title at the above,
anyone care to help out?

"RaceFace" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D