Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Proliant 1850R Windows 2000

Old May 27th 06, 04:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Proliant 1850R Windows 2000

I have a Proliant 1850R with Windows 2000 that in Device Manager | System
Devices shows a yellow error/exclamation next to:

Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB

The Internet is loaded with users with the same error across a large number
of different systems. One user reported that it was due to a failure to
associate the USB motherboard support with an IRQ. Proliant 1850R doesn't
have native USB support, but we did add an Adaptec five port UBS 2.0 card.
We ran the Compaq Proliant SmartStart utility, which as usual allocates
motherboard resources for that PCI card. I checked in the detailed BIOS
setup screen that all of the PCI functions for that slot were enabled.
Should I be doing something more?

In Device Manager the Intel 82371AB/EB is still showing an error condition.

Attempts to insert just some models of DVD drive to that system give an
immediate blue screen of death as well, further suggesting that there may be
a driver problem. The drivers for the Adaptec card all seem to have
installed with no errors showing in Device Manager.

Any ideas on how to get USB working correctly on this server?

--
Will