ATTN: Ben Myers

Old February 17th 06, 01:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default ATTN: Ben Myers

Can you confirm that the card in this auction is an NLX card. It looks like
it to me but I would like your opinion.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X56F227AC

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 17th 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Nick,

The card pictured is not an NLX card because it does not have a short and wide
mounting bracket.

The following URL shows a photo of a card with an NLX mounting bracket:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Matrox-G400-16...QQcmdZViewItem

The ebay item is: Matrox G400 16MB AGP NLX Video Card 37L2398
Item number: 8765966123

.... Ben Myers

Old February 17th 06, 01:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:

Can you confirm that the card in this auction is an NLX card. It
looks like it to me but I would like your opinion.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X56F227AC

Could the bracket be changed though ? It looked like an NLX and a searched
google groups and someone else thought the same thing
http://tinyurl.com/9qcpn

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 17th 06, 01:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Nick,

Yes, if you can get your hands on an NLX bracket, the Elsa card was designed to
be used either way, as a normal card (pictured) or NLX. Switching brackets is
easy. I have done it quite a few times... Ben Myers

Old February 17th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:

Can you confirm that the card in this auction is an NLX card. It
looks like it to me but I would like your opinion.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X56F227AC

Could the bracket be changed though ? It looked like an NLX and a
searched google groups and someone else thought the same thing
http://tinyurl.com/9qcpn

Could I swap with the bracket on the Rage Pro Turbo that is in the machine
by default or is that not possible ? I haven't even looked so I don't know -
where did you get your brackets from.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well

Old February 17th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Nick,

If the opening for the video connector lines up perfectly, you can swap them.
As a rule, I have only swapped brackets between cards of the same brand. But
it's possible that Compaq, IBM, and Gateway (three major users of NLX graphics
cards) insisted on standardization of the opening.

The card on eBay is priced attractively, so it may be worth a try... Ben Myers

Old February 17th 06, 04:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:

Can you confirm that the card in this auction is an NLX card. It
looks like it to me but I would like your opinion.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X56F227AC

Could the bracket be changed though ? It looked like an NLX and a
searched google groups and someone else thought the same thing
http://tinyurl.com/9qcpn

Could I swap with the bracket on the Rage Pro Turbo that is in the
machine by default or is that not possible ? I haven't even looked
so I don't know - where did you get your brackets from.

Yeah and there is a returns policy too.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well