Pc Image Disapear

Old September 17th 08, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

Default Pc Image Disapear

I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor start
blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4 and
ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the problem
continues.

Some could help me ?

Thansk.

Old September 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Big_Al

Avelino Tavares wrote:
I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor start
blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4 and
ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the problem
continues.

Some could help me ?

Thansk.

Bad monitor you think?
Old September 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

No, monitor works with other computers.

Old September 17th 08, 11:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Derek[_2_]

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor start
blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4 and
ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the problem
continues.

Some could help me ?

Thansk.

Do you see the bios messages before the computer boots into the OS?

Derek

Old September 17th 08, 11:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

No bios messages.

"Derek" escreveu na mensagem

Old September 18th 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

Avelino Tavares wrote: *** and top-posted, fixed. ***
"Derek" escreveu:
"Avelino Tavares" wrote:

I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the
monitor start blink and dont show image. The computer is still
running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4 and ALT+D and he
turns off. What could be ? I have changed graphic card and
memory, formated the pc, but the problem continues.

Some could help me ?

Do you see the bios messages before the computer boots into the OS?

No bios messages.

If there are any beeps during 'boot-up' they are coded error
messages. Report what they are, as dit for a short beep, and dah
for a long beep.

irrelevant material. See the following links:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/ (taming google)
http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/ (newusers)

[page]: http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.
Old September 18th 08, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Gerard Bok

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:51:36 +0100, "Avelino Tavares"
wrote:

I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor start
blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4 and
ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the problem
continues.

You could have some video-mode selected that your monitor does
not support or you have hardware support for more than 1 monitor
with only a single monitor attached. (E.g. both a video card and
on-board video support.)
In the latter case: go into the BIOS setup and make sure that the
proper monitor is selected.

Without dual video support:
When windows is booting, press F8 and select safe mode.
In safe mode, select an unused spot on your desktop, press the
right mouse button and look under Properties - Settings.
Make sure that the resolution (e.g. 1024 x 768) is not higher
than your monitor supports.
Under Advanced - Monitor make sure that the refresh rate is low
enough. (When in doubt: select 60 Hz and see if your PC boots
normally.)

Keep in mind that a CRT monitor that is aging may stop supporting
it's highest resolution and/or refresh rate. A clear indication
for immanent replacement :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok
Old September 18th 08, 09:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Derek[_2_]

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
No bios messages.

"Derek" escreveu na mensagem

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor start
blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4
and ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the problem
continues.

Some could help me ?

Thansk.

Do you see the bios messages before the computer boots into the OS?

Derek

nothing at all? no board ID flash screen or text? just the monitor lights
up then goes blank.
Derek

Old September 18th 08, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

E starts and show all in desktop and than after a few seconds... nothing !

"Derek" escreveu na mensagem

Old September 19th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Derek[_2_]

"Derek" escreveu na mensagem

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
No bios messages.

"Derek" escreveu na mensagem

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
I turn on my pc, he works ok, but passed some seconds, the monitor
start blink and dont show image.
The computer is still running, but i dont see anything, i make ALT+F4
and ALT+D and he turns off. What could be ?
I have changed graphic card and memory, formated the pc, but the
problem continues.

Some could help me ?

Thansk.
Do you see the bios messages before the computer boots into the OS?

Derek

nothing at all? no board ID flash screen or text? just the monitor
lights up then goes blank.
Derek

"Avelino Tavares" wrote in message
. ..
E starts and show all in desktop and than after a few seconds... nothing !

( please try to follow posting below the previous response makes it easier
to follow)
Very odd indeed ordinarily I would think of the video card overheating and
shutting down ( I'm used to seeing some warning artifacts like snow etc) but
if you have tried it another machine and it behaves thats not the answer,
the motherboard is running but not displaying so that makes me think
possibly either the psu is failing to deliver enough current so trying the
psu of the other machine is worth a try and check the connectors ( I have
replaced a number that had burned pins) or the video slot is compromised -
IIRC a number of boards had bus mastering peculiarites which meant if you
placed an addon card in certain pci slots they interfered with the agp/pci-e
sounds possible as the display usually comes up while lesser drivers are
still loading that should be mentioned in the motherboard manual and may
be curable in the bios settings or by leaving the offending slot empty
or maybe there is a physical problem with the video card seating in the slot
a small piece of loose material in the slot can make the connection hit and
miss
I might not have the answer but it gives you some more options to try.
Derek