PC turn on after shutdown

Old June 20th 08, 06:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares[_2_]

Default PC turn on after shutdown

I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!

What can i do ?

Thanks.

Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
Intel Core 2 E2180

Old June 21st 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
hannes

Avelino Tavares wrote:
I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!

What can i do ?

Thanks.

Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
Intel Core 2 E2180

I would say it is a bios-problem...
Old June 21st 08, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pen

Avelino Tavares wrote:
I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!

What can i do ?

Thanks.

Board MSI-P965 Neo-f
Intel Core 2 E2180

Check the power supply output voltages. Particularly pin #16 power
on. This pin should be high, 2.0 volts. If it's low then the
motherboard is the culprit.
http://pinouts.ru/Power/btx_mbpower_pinout.shtml
Old June 22nd 08, 07:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Calab

I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I read cpu fan rpm, mobo temperature, etc.. All ok!

What can i do ?

BIOS is set to wake the PC up on some event... Usually a network card.

If it never actually turns off and just restarts every time, then I'd
suspect issues with the motherboard.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a great newsgroup reader that will filter out the flood of
newgroup spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!

Old June 23rd 08, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

I change the power supply with a new one, but the problem continue,
And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??

Old June 23rd 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
w_tom

On Jun 23, 3:43*am, "Avelino Tavares"
wrote:
I change thepower supplywith a new one, but the problem continue,
And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??

Pen provided the only useful answer. Well, you have instead decided
to shotgun. Keep replacing parts until something works. No sense
'working smarter'. You may as well keep buying parts until something
fails. Had you done Pen's recommendation (a 15 second task), then
either you knew what had failed OR had numbers so that others with
knowledge could have added useful facts. Since you still have no
numbers using a multimeter, then no one with knowledge can post a
useful reply. Just keep replacing parts until something works.
Old June 24th 08, 02:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Avelino Tavares wrote:
I change the power supply with a new one, but the problem continue,
And what about if i update the bios for the last one ? It could result ??

A wake on LAN setting is another possible cause of a computer starting
on its own. Disconnect the LAN cable, then do a shutdown. Does
the computer now remain off ?

One Wake On LAN (WOL) feature, is effectively Wake On Activity. Which
means, the computer awakes, as soon as there is any activity on the
LAN port. You can try examining the properties of the LAN device in
Windows, and see what WOL options are offered, and "disable" the feature
to see if it makes a difference.

Paul

Old June 24th 08, 10:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Avelino Tavares

No, is not wol, i just test that.

"Paul" escreveu na mensagem

Old February 20th 09, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
X-Infinity-Zero

i know this may be a little late but the problem isnt in your bios at
all. its actuall your cpu. i had a 2.2 core 2 duo for a full year and
that computer just kept turning on after i shut it off. i couldnt find a
solution to the problem so i just kept turning the psu off when i shut
it down.

well i updated to a 2.4 quad and sold my core 2 duo to my buddy and his
computer had started to do the same thing and mine quit doing it.

now as for the reason why the cpu is doing this i have no clue but i
almost guarantee that this is your problem. try using the cpu in another
system and see if it dose the same thing.

i hope this helps.