i950 will not print

Old July 5th 07, 07:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

Default i950 will not print

Frank wrote:
measekite wrote:

After reading this I can now understand why Bush got elected.

Cause he uses after market inks! hahahahahahaha...
You proly have a hard time understanding why you're trying to understand
anything.
Understand?
I doubt it!

Don't sweat it Frank. I can somewhat see where he is coming from, even
though it is very misguided. After reading the drivel and nonsense he
posts here I can see why some people (his parents in particular) should
never be allowed to procreate.

He can't refute my logic so he seeks his level of intellectual debate,
say around the third grade.
Old July 5th 07, 08:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Michael Johnson" wrote in message
Frank wrote:
measekite wrote:

(nonsense).

Cause he uses after market inks! hahahahahahaha...
You proly have a hard time understanding why you're trying to understand
anything.
Understand?
I doubt it!

Don't sweat it Frank. I can somewhat see where he is coming from, even
though it is very misguided. After reading the drivel and nonsense he
posts here I can see why some people (his parents in particular) should
never be allowed to procreate.

(snip)

retroactive birth control needed here.

Old July 6th 07, 02:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jul 3, 10:08 pm, "Alpha One" wrote:
I have aCanoni950printerthat was working very well except for a slight
streaking. After I cleaned theheadseveral times using maintenance it got a
little better. I decided to take the heads off and use a damp paper towel I
placed against it to see if it cleaned it better. I tried this 3 or 4 times,
and it was getting better. However, the forth time I put it back on theprinterit didn't print anything at all, nothing. I assumed it was me that
ruined theheadso I ordered a new one directly fromCanon(cheaper that
anywhere else on the Net that I could find).
The problem is that with the brand new one it prints absolutely nothing as
it was with the old one.
Any idea what it could be? Theprintershould be working fine, I see no
reason for it not to be. I also removed and reinstalled the drivers just to
make sure it wasn't it.

Tony

I am currently dealing with an issue with my canon MP780 printer. It
started with a streaking problem for black and after trying a few
cleaning cycles, it got better but not completely gone. I did a deep
cleaning to see if that will fix it and now it doesn't print at all. I
was suspecting the ink cart itself as it is a cheep 3rd party cart, so
tried replacing it with a fresh one but it didn't help. I have read in
several places that you can try cleaning the head by various means,
but couldn't figure out how to take out the print head. I found a few
stores selling the replacement heads for this model with instructions
on how to replace it yourself, so it should be easy enough to remove
it. Can anyone give any clues on how to remove the printhead for this
model?

Thanks a lot,
Hari

Old July 6th 07, 03:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

wrote:
[...]

To replace the print head download the Quick Start Guide he

http://tinyurl.com/3bxr4t
Old July 6th 07, 03:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

wrote:

On Jul 3, 10:08 pm, "Alpha One"
wrote:

[...]

If you would always have used Canon ink you would not have to do those cleaning cycles and your printer would not be ruined.  I have never done a cleaning cycle of my 3 year old IP4000 and it works perfectly.  And yes I have always use Canon ink.  And yes it does cost too much.

Old July 6th 07, 03:54 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

measekite wrote:

If you would always have used Canon ink you would not have to do those
cleaning cycles and your printer would not be ruined.

Uhhh...then why did canon chose to place a head cleaning cycles in their
software on the CD that comes with the printer? Did they know that users
would be using after market inks? Is that the only reason they put print
head cleaning cycles in their own software?
I remember that when I used oem inks (the ones that came with the
printer) if I didn't use the printer for a few days, that when I did use
it the print head cleaning cycle would automatically run! Have you found
a way of stopping this automatic head cleaning cycle from running using
oem inks cause I don't think it's possible?
Please post how you did it, ok?
Also what kind of after market ink did you use that ruined your print
head? As I recall, you've said many times before that you've never, ever
used after market inks. Were you lying? Are you intentionally misleading
unsuspecting people? Why would you do that? Do you have a financial
interest in some printer manufacturer or distributor?
You're not a pathological liar are you?

I have never done
a cleaning cycle of my 3 year old IP4000 and it works perfectly.

Then that means you've never used your printer according to the
manufacturer.
Why did you buy it?

And
yes I have always use Canon ink. And yes it does cost too much.

If you've never used your printer, as you've stated, then who cares how
much oem ink cost?
Are you an escapee from some mental institution...cause you sure sound
like it.
Frank

Old July 6th 07, 05:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jul 5, 7:27 pm, Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

http://tinyurl.com/3bxr4t- Hide quoted text -

I took another look by removing all the cartridges and realized that
the the part into which the carts are inserted can just be removed by
removing the latch on the top (seems simple enough, but not mentioned
in the canon manual or in any of the online guides, may be because it
is too obvious). I don't know if that is what is called the print head
(the quickstart quide seems to refer to it as a holder), but I washed
it in warm water and reinserted it after air drying it. Since the
carts meanwhile have dried up outside, I inserted a fresh set of carts
and after a deep clean cycle, all colors except the 6BK are printing,
though I see a small streaking for 6M. I don't know why the deep
cleaning is not working for 6BK, I need to look more into other
troubleshooting tips. Autohead alignment also failed, may be due to
the same reason.

BTW, how do you prevent the carts from getting clogged/driedup if they
have to be taken out for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Hari

Old July 6th 07, 10:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

You are correct in saying that the auto alignment failure is probably related,
the alignment process relies on the correct ink patterns being laid down on the
paper.
The cartridges used in these printers don't easily dry out since they are only
ink tanks, covering the ink delivery outlet with a piece of tape should be
sufficient to keep them moist for weeks, just make sure the tape does not touch
the pad itself.
Try the nifty stuff forum for help in recovering Canon printheads.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old July 9th 07, 06:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Alpha One

You were right, the purge unit failed. After I read your message, I looked
at the unit and I noticed that the rubber which forms a seal with the print
head was ripped just a litle on the edge. I used a thiny amound of gasket
compound to close the ripp, let it dry 24 hours, and it worked, it prints
again. Now I have to get the gusket, I don't trust my repair. Thank you very
much.

Tony

Tony
Regrettably I suspect the purge unit has failed.
This unit is the part that flushes the printheads during a printhead
cleaning
operation, it does so by applying suction to the printhead. Without that
suction your new printhead cannot be primed and will produce no, or at
best
very little, output.
Purge units can be difficult to replace but not always. Having said that I
don't know exactly how easy or hard it is to replace the purge unit in
this
model. The service manual for the i950 is fairly pathetic, the parts
manual
gives more information than the service manual. The part number for the
prurge
unit is QG4-0303-000.
If you decide to take the plunge and buy a purge unit please e-mail me, I
will
provide any help I can.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old July 9th 07, 10:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

You are very welcome.
The repair may hold for quite some time but at least you know what you need if
it fails again.
A lot better than throwing away a very good printer!
Tony

i950 print head no one Printers 35 June 9th 05 08:37 PM
Canon i950 Print Problem! BoB-B Printers 9 April 20th 05 07:36 AM
Buying an I950 Print head UK? JL Printers 0 February 6th 04 06:16 PM
Canon i950 - any way to print on 8.5 X 14 paper Chris Erdt Printers 2 October 15th 03 02:53 PM
Canon i950 - any way to print on 8.5 X 14 paper Chris Erdt Printers 0 October 15th 03 05:56 AM